Workshop
Ask a question

How do i fix my mulberry tree?

jordy1
Just Starting Out

How do i fix my mulberry tree?

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

  

Any idea what’s wrong with my lovey Mulberry? We’ve had it for about 6 months, transferred from my sister’s garden. It started very healthy. The leaves grow then turn like this then fall off.  
Help needed!! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i fix my mulberry tree?

Hello @jordy1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Mulberry tree.

It appears to be a rust fungal infection. I suggest cutting off the infected leaves and throwing them into the bin, please don't mix it in with your compost. I recommend using Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide to control the fungus.

Rust is caused by a fungus that needs water on the surface of leaves to start growing, so reduce moisture on plant leaves by watering at the base of the plant. I also suggest removing any leaves or debris at the bottom of the plant so that the soil will dry off quickly.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as appropriate clothing, gloves, goggles and a Citeco P2 Half Face Respirator Kit when using the Fungicide. Please make sure to follow all the safety guidelines printed at the back of the container.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects