Workshop
Ask a question

How to add bifold doors to our bathroom?

mg1
Finding My Feet

How to add bifold doors to our bathroom?

Hi,

I need to add bifolds to our bathroom door and not sure if the corinthian will work or are the best option. Any help appreciated.

Do the corinthian bi-folds hang from the top?

Can they open to fold inwards and on the right?

Do you add your own handle?

Many thanks

Can I add one like the photo below?bifilds.png

JulesMcB
Growing in Experience

Re: Bathroom bifolds

Hi @mg1 

I love those doors - I would love to add them to a small closet doorway - will follow along for any updates :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mg1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about the availability of bifold bathroom doors.

The store actually has two providers of bifold doors one is Corinthian Doors and the other is Hume Doors. Both of them are capable of making bifold doors. However, I will have to get back to you to find out if the top rails are included in the bifold door set. I see no issues with you putting on your own handle, these doors come with no handles attached unless you order it so. Just to be safe, I will include that question when I speak to them tomorrow. As soon as I have more information, I will get back to you. 

Here is the link to Hume Doors: Hume Product Catalogue

Here is the link to Corinthian Doors: Corinthian Door Collection 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mg1
Finding My Feet

Thanks Eric,

That will be a great help. Sorry I have never had bifolds before so I have a few questions

Happy to use whichever bifold suits the space best.

is it possible to add in those sort of handles like the picture - they look inset into the door. Is this something that can be done?

Could you please also check that they can open inwards and fold onto the right-hand side of the door?

Much appreciated

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mg1 

I've spoken to Hume Doors and their bifold doors come with their own tracks. If you have a look at page 52 of their product catalog, you will see all the available bifold styles that are on offer. I recommend asking your installer to provide you with the measurements of the door. You can then bring these measurements to the Special Orders Desk of your local store and ask for a quote. 

During your consultation with the special orders team, you can inform them of your preference on door opening direction, mounting point, and handle preference. They will then send this information to Hume and they will then send back a door quote. From there the special orders team will inform you of the cost of the door and the time it will take to build it. I suggest asking about delivery as well if you feel that your vehicle is not big enough to transport your bifold doors. 

Please keep us updated with the progress of your project, we look forward to seeing your bifold door installed and ready for use.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mg1
Finding My Feet

Will do - thanks Eric for all of the helpful information

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects