Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

First bathroom renovation

shadeli
Getting Established

First bathroom renovation

Hi, we’re about to start the planning for our first bathroom renovation. We’ve got two young children so hoping to split the bathroom into two separate spaces. Natural lighting is very limited so we think we will add a wall between the current toilet and the shower, leaving the sliding door to room with the bath for the family bathroom. The other bathroom will Become a proper en-suite and have a toilet added. In all the examples I’ve seen the toilet seems to always to be next to the shower, is there a reason? Could the layout be toilet, Vanity, shower? Would love any tips or advice!

21A716A1-B5BA-4C8D-9DCF-CAEAB40F13AF.jpeg

8C0BC00F-4854-4D90-8372-6E70475E05BA.jpeg

76C37AB4-9AEB-40EB-8B37-74DBEF6CF8AE.jpeg

AF7CB42D-9929-428D-9031-40E8918C2906.jpeg

B95FC23A-0E8F-48D8-99D7-FE048CBCD4EF.jpeg

Re: First bathroom renovation

Hello @shadeli 

Bath time!

A1shadelibath.jpgA2shadelibath.jpgA3shadelibath.jpgTimeless classic bath shape and brings modern look with practicality.Timeless classic bath shape and brings modern look with practicality.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How are your plans progressing @shadeli? It's been great to see @redracer01 providing you with such fantastic assistance. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform the room.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
shadeli
Getting Established

Going quite slowly over here due to being in Victoria and unable to go Into a shop for months until TODAY! 👏🏻 Had our plumber round today to quote and will be hitting up the shops to actually touch some fixtures ASAP! Looks like we will block off the middle door and make it two seperate bathrooms. Will hopefully have some definite plans in a couple of weeks and start work soon. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. It's certainly been a tough few months for everyone down here in Melbourne @shadeli. I hope that you have coped OK. 

Please let us know if you need any help with anything. 

Jason

These look great.  :smile:  @redracer01   as always you come up with great plans and suggestions.  

shadeli
Getting Established

Thanks for the help in designing our bathroom. We’ve almost finished the renovation, just some painting to go. Here’s some updated images. 

Ensuite

D66C5DD8-7AEC-489D-B1D9-0924C1B4F9C7.jpeg

CF4AD75A-DC35-490C-8D6A-42C13FCB0F0E.jpeg

Kids bathroom

8C555036-76D9-43DC-85E3-4A02B31C443F.jpeg

8D966095-5D7A-4E21-BFDB-C9EFFD965EBD.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

It looks fantastic, @shadeli. Thanks for sharing an update.

I'm sure that @redracer01 and @MitchellMc will be happy to see the outworking of their design ideas, and the transformation of the space will inspire many of our community members.

Look forward to seeing another update when it's complete.

Stevie

Hello @shadeli 

That looks fantastic! I'm glad I was able to give you ideas about your bathroom renovation. Now you officially have 2 toilets and 2 showers! This is an excellent plus in the valuation of your home should you ever decide to sell it! I hope everyone in the house enjoys the new bathrooms! An excellent choice of spouts! Did you special order that bath? 

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I am absolutely blown away by what you have completed so far, @shadeli. An amazing transformation, to say the least. I can't wait to see the finishing touches and final reveal.

Many thanks for sharing your progress, and well done.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects