Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How much floor leveller do I need before tiling?

bernardh
Getting Established

How much floor leveller do I need before tiling?

I have a small room where there is bare concrete. I wish to lay vinyl tiles but first need to create an even surface.

I want to use something like LANKO floor leveller. Can anyone advise:

Approximately how much area will 20kg LANKO floor leveller cover? I have an area of something like 5sq mtrs, so need to know how many bags to buy.
Do I need a primer with this product? If so, which one to buy?
A question for Bunnings: When will you get this product back in the Eltham store?

Any other advice about using this or similar product welcomed.

Re: How much floor leveller do I need before tiling?

Hi 

I got the leveller, but was trying to investigate getting a mixing tool which fits onto a drill, as recommended in the chat. 

This proved to be impossible. 

I eventually found a tool in the Tool Shop at Mill Park, but it doesn't look like I expected; appears too large, and the other end is a screw head, which clearly is not intended for a drill. I have attached a photo of the tool.

Hope I can get some advice on this.IMG_0479.JPG

Is there an appropriate tool to use with a drill for mixing the floor leveller and where can this be obtained?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How much floor leveller do I need before tiling?

Hi @bernardh,

This UNi-PRO Large Paint Drill Mixer will be suitable and fits into a 240V electric drill. The budget-friendly XU1 500W 13mm Hammer Drill will work if you don't have a corded power drill.

You'll find these types of mixers in our Paint Department.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects