Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to go about replacing damaged kickboard

Nerissa
Growing in Experience

How to go about replacing damaged kickboard

20210201_112413.jpgI totally have no idea how to go about replacing or fixing this damaged laundry cabinet kickboard (I think that's what it's called). I have not done any work of this nature. If I remove them (with the intention of replacing), will there be any structure supporting the cabinet so it won't collapse on me? I can't see any nail or screw holding the kickboard either. Are they glued?

Is there another way to fix this?

Totally ignorant newbie needs help

NB: Called local cabinetry place but doesn't appear to be interested in small job

macs
Just Starting Out

Re: How to go about replacing damaged kickboard

First thing first clean up your water spills off the floor and then you wouldn’t have had this problem to begin with. 
Looks like old school Kickbox the carcass would be screwed somewhere in the wall and the carcass could be screwed down to the Kickbox as well the only really way to fix this if there’s no plastic legs hold ing the cupboard up is to remove the whole cupboard and replace the whole kicker cause the damage will go beyond just wear the faces if there’s no plastic legs. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @macs. It's great that you've joined us, and many thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Fantastic tip on cleaning up water spills off bathroom floors, as often cabinetry is not sealed with laminate on the bottom edge. You'll be happy to know that @Nerissa successfully repaired the damaged portion of their cabinet, and I trust they would be happy to share some tips on how they went about doing so.

You're obviously very knowledgeable, and I'm sure you have plenty of experience to share with everyone. In return, you'll find tonnes of inspiration contributed by our clever and creative members for your own projects. We look forward to seeing what projects you have going on around your own home and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Daniela72
Just Starting Out

Hi @Nerissa,would you mind sharing how you replaced the kickboard please?

I have a similiar problem to sort out . Any help would be appreciated.

thank you,

Dani

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Daniela72. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing cabinet kickboards.

This project was completed some time ago, so you might like to start your own discussion so all our community members can see your questions and provide assistance or post pictures of the damage you are trying to fix in this discussion. It's a reasonably easy process to replace kickboards, but we would really need to see what you are working with before we can provide informed advice. Please let me know if you need any assistance uploading images to the site. 

I look forward to hearing more about the issue you're trying to fix and assisting with your project. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects