Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install laundry bench and cabinets?

casey7
Finding My Feet

How to install laundry bench and cabinets?

9F74EF92-3F90-4058-9296-9F038F44A8C6.jpeg

Hello,

I’m new here and would like an advice on how to install bench and cabinets to our Laundry- we would like the bench and cabinets to run an L shape that joins the sink. We would also like over head cupboards. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: How to install laundry bench and cabinets?

Hi Eric, 

The materials you Have listed above is that what I need in order to achieve the pic u drew ?  I’ve also Changed my mind instead of the wood benchtop I would like a laminated marble benchtop... 

Also the side where the washing machine is, do I need to give you the measurement, as the drawing you have drawn is that the actual size including the washing machine? U mentioned I will need 2x of those cabinets to replace the curren laundry tub I have, is that the correct size of cabinets taking the washing machine into account?

what about the above open shelves, what type are they,

are they light like an oak look ?
Also if I want to rip out the current plastic laundry cabinet where the basin is and replace with a cabinet one. Is this doable? This means I will need new basin and tap. 

I hope this is not too much of a confusion, but I really hope we can achieve this plan.

thanks Casey 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @casey7

The cabinets I've listed should fit into your laundry space. You won't be able to use the sink from the old laundry tub. I suggest using the  Mondella Rococo Square Single Bowl Sink as your new laundry tub. You can use SpecRite 1200 x 600 x 18mm Merbau Panel for timber shelving. It's ok to use a laminated benchtop the timber benchtop I placed in your sketch was just a suggestion.

I've taken into account the size of your washing machine. There is enough space for a new cabinet once you remove your old laundry tub. Can you please tell me which is the closest store to you? I will be more than happy to make inquiries for you. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much Eric. All sounds great.

the closes to me will be watergarden. 

regards

casey 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @casey7

I have spoken to the In-Store Kitchen Expert Lidia. She is currently assembling your quote at the store. Unfortunately due to the current restrictions, she can only do email or over-the-phone consultations. I have given her the plans for your laundry and she is more than happy to make a quote for you. Let me reach out to you through private messaging to get some of your detials.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects