Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace bathroom door handle?

Neo19
Making a Splash

How to replace bathroom door handle?

IMG_20200417_095728.jpgIMG_20200417_095822.jpgIMG_20200417_095835.jpgIMG_20200417_095840.jpgIMG_20200417_095916.jpgIMG_20200417_115720.jpgHi on the other day my Gainsborough 100 series G4 passage leverset stopped working and had to cut open the latch after someone got locked in.

I have removed leverset and trying to remove latch however unable to remove square drive spindle. (Apologies if the terminologies used are not correct - guess work after going through product installation guide).

Tried pullingit, twisting it and even gently tapping with hammer!) 

Any suggestions please!!!!

IMG_20200417_095916.jpg

IMG_20200417_095840.jpg

Jolly181
Building a Reputation

Re: Replacing bathroom door handle

Thanks Neo...

Makes me feel a lot better about doing it..!!!

Jolly181
Building a Reputation

Hi Guys...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all...

The pick worked a treat....!!!

Thanks Neo & Mitchell for all your help

Cheers 

Julius

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's wonderful to hear of your success @Jolly181

Please let us know whenever you need assistance with a project around the home or garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I’m struggling with this same problem. Not sure what brand, but the spindle is completely stuck. Have removed the 0 ring with no joy. what else can I do other than pay a locksmith? 

How frustrating! Are you able to post some pictures? May be someone will identify the brand and come up with some suggestions..

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Pamleeson

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the door handle.

It's fantastic that you've received an excellent suggestion from @Neo19. Would it be possible for you to post several pictures of the door spindle assembly? Preferably a good clear picture of how the spindle is attached to the latching mechanism on both sides. This will allow our members to assess its current condition. We can then make recommendations on how to remove it.

If it is the same model as the Gainsborough G4 Passage Set that was on display at the start. The spindle should have come out with the removal of the O-ring. But if it is still stuck, odds are it's a different model. It would require a different method of disassembly.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Pamleeson.

Do you need any assistance with uploading some photos of your door hardware so members can see what you are working with and provide help?

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects