Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to update tiny laundry?

sophiewilliams
Just Starting Out

How to update tiny laundry?

our laundry is tiny and needs updating. I would love to replace trough with base cabinet and insert sink . And then have Benchtop running from broom cupboard to end of the wall. The broom cupboard we have is staying. The length from the end of broom cupboard to the wall is 1400. Can’t go deeper than 500 for base cabinet needs to stay flush with door arch . So basically I have 1400 long by about 500 deep to play with. Washing machine is is 600 wide. And 500 deep. 

image.jpg

khusnil_deo
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to update tiny laundry?

hello @MitchellMc thank you for replying. 

Yes unfortunately the sliding door has to stay. we could also introduce some shelving above the dryer also as the ceiling height is 2.7m :smile:

Thanks for letting us know @khusnil_deo.

I'll tag @EricL so he is alerted to your post. Eric is having a well-earned long weekend and will be back on the site tomorrow. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
khusnil_deo
Cultivating a Following

244465238_319614693266817_8997595332080187217_n.jpg

This is the laundry I have. I will upload more pictures when I get the house. But now you can imagine the space I have and the linen cupboard to the left. I have steel frames so the linen cupboard can't be knocked out. Thank you.

Many thanks for the additional image @khusnil_deo. I'm sure @EricL will be interested to see it when he is back on the site after the weekend. 

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @khusnil_deo 

I totally understand if it is a new build. As my colleague @MitchellMc has mentioned I only recommended the sliding door so that you may use the full space of the laundry. Now that you have mentioned that you have a ceiling height of 2700mm you can definitely place an extra shelf at the top. On the condition that we are using standard-sized cabinets, you would conservatively have a space of 480mm left at the top of your dryer. this is more than enough space to use as storage.

Perhaps now would be a good time to explore other areas of your house that you can use for storage. A lot of people use their garage as storage and use large pantry cabinets to hold their household items. You might have an extra-large hallway where you can put in some narrow cabinets? I recommend exploring the space around your house and see if you can find other storage spots. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular storage projects 

Here is a link with an example of creating storage in your garage: How to create a laundry space in your garage?  by @Klarebear 

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving and @lifestylebymari for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects