Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for small laundry reno - small budget

DIYMum
Having an Impact

Ideas for small laundry reno - small budget

20200430_095909.jpg20200430_095923.jpg20200430_095945.jpg

Hi all

New to this forum, but not new to DYI or Bunnings :smile: As you can see in the photos, this very small (2.5m x 1.7m) laundry is seriously lacking storage! The fact there is a shower cubicle (currently storing the freezer - no hob, just a shower base) and toilet in there doesn't help, so I'm thinking of getting rid of both of those to provide extra storage space - is this an easy job and how do I go about closing off the holes after removing the toilet & shower (don't want any nasty smells or critters coing up through the pipes!)? I've been in the house 20+ years and the only time we used the shower & toilet in here was when we did the main bathroom renovation (and there is an ensuite).

I'd like to put a bench top across the entire left hand side wall and put cupboards underneath. Am thinking of using a 2200x600x26mm laminated Beech panel (which I'd seal with a clear lacquer). 

There is one row of tiles on the bottom of the wall around the entire room, and was thinking of just painting them and the tiles behind the tub in a bold colour to liven up the white a bit (this is the only white room in the entire house!) Obviously there will be areas with floor tiles missing when I get rid of the shower and toilet, so any ideas for a good looking, inexpensive option for the floor would be great!

Re: Ideas for small laundry reno - small budget

Hello @DIYMum 

Here are my suggestions for the layout. The only thing that I would insist on is a proper exhaust fan either on the ceiling or the upper left corner wall near the window to pump out all the excess moisture that will be generated by the dryer. Wall tiles are stick on tiles from Amazon. The rest of the items on the drawing are from Bunnings.

Cheers!

Red

diymum1.jpgdiymum2.jpgdiymum3.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi @redracer01.

That's a fantastic rendering once again! The ability to show members first hand what their rooms could look like is an amazing talent.

As always, thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @redracer01 that looks amazing! I'd not thought of stick on tiles for the splashback so will definitely look into those 😀To help with my planning, are you able to tell me what base and wall cabinets you used? Am assuming it's including a new laundry sink, and what do I search for to find the long rail underneath the wall cabinets?

Thanks again!

Hello @DIYMum 

The parts are :

600 mm kaboodle base cabinet x 2

900 mm slimline cabinet x 2

600 mm slimline cabinet x 1

doors :

300 mm gloss white door x 4

900 mm gloss white slimline door x 2

600 mm gloss white slimline door x 1

2400 kick board x 1

base end panel x 2

bar :

Sandleford 2700mm x 19mm chrome rod ( don't know if there is a black equivalent )

Sandleford pillar ends x 19mm x 1 ( 2 pack ) stainless steel

Sandleford pillar center support x 2 stainless steel ( 2 pcs. )

* you can also use galvanized pipes but you would have to paint it black.

Accacia pre oiled bench top ( if long enough ) otherwise I suggest "Think" timber bench tops that go the length that you want.

Mondella square single sink

Estilo goose neck sink mixer

Senso stick on vinyl flooring ( but after looking at your floor it might not work because it needs to be totally flat. ) Perhaps click on vinyl planks?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks @redracer01

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects