Workshop
Ask a question

D.I.Y. laundry reno for $1000

abhayks
Having an Impact

D.I.Y. laundry reno for $1000

3A4ABB6E-AD16-4647-BF1A-A8471404BC22.jpegHi all, just finishing our laundry renovation. It was so easy that even a novice like me could do. We were given a quote by professionals for 7500 but we finished within 1K. Keen eyes will easily identify Bunnings items like flooring, tiles, bench top , sink,  cupboards etc..

We initially bought flatpack but after opening one realised that door is not to our taste so returned unopened boxes and got kabodle instead. The cupboard under the sink was custom made by me so looks out of sync :smile:

I had planned to put open shelves in the right most corner and put plants there, but now wife wants to put a small cupboard so that it looks even. 

Any suggestions what to do with the empty space in the right corner?

Before: 

F8FDF56C-0BB9-4458-BD19-161A98F33B03.jpeg

23500AEE-3C8F-4A33-8E55-61D8EA7A3CD8.jpeg

8EB1D7DC-5B73-4081-BCB1-5ABE80BCD740.jpeg

 After 

54B03369-106B-4DB3-A08C-E4D5FDBA0CE4.jpeg

D1FC489C-5BAE-48BD-92F2-94B880C49E97.jpeg

3A4ABB6E-AD16-4647-BF1A-A8471404BC22.jpeg

22487280-70CA-49E6-BFBC-E98B58234763.jpeg

0CB955FE-7872-41A6-9676-7326AFFD4902.jpeg

209C068A-BA90-4006-B5DC-D867D1E33216.jpeg

   

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Laundry reno

With your outdoor chair build and pallet coffee table, I don't think you can call yourself a novice anymore @abhayks. Fantastic work, yet again. Well done.

Thanks for being open about the costs and including photos from before and after. It's so helpful to have as much detail as possible for other community members who are planning their own laundry renovations.

@diy_hausdesigns recently filled an awkward space in his kitchen with custom cabinetry and has also completed an impressive laundry renovation, so I wonder if he has any ideas to fill that space. Let me also tag the talented @MitchellMc who is always full of ideas and the know-how to make it happen.

Can't wait to see the updates about this project.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic work, @abhayks! You've done an amazing job and come in well under budget.

Personally, I'm a fan of having open shelving at the end, as you've mentioned. You could have rolled towels stored in there or even some liquid cleaning products. Having at least one open cupboard allows you to store items that you readily use, and it also adds some interest to the wall. I really like what @diy_hausdesigns has done with the inBuilt 16mm 1800 x 595mm Natural Wood Melamine Colourboard. Depending on the width of the gap, you might need to build a custom cabinet to suit the area. Whether you attach a door or leave it open, building the carcass of the cabinet will be much the same principle. Perhaps you could build the cabinet and decide whether you wanted to leave it open or add a door.

Please also let us know if we might assist with the base cabinet that is proud of the benchtop. One of our helpful members might have an idea that allows it to fit better.

I look forward to seeing the cabinetry completed, as you have done a tremendous job so far. Congratulations.

Mitchell

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

What a great set-up! Awesome work @abhayks . I'd recommend open shelves at the end as mentioned by @MitchellMc. the add some visual interest and are super practical. Based on the works you've done I'm sure they would be easy to knock up for you 😁 

All the best !

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: D.I.Y. laundry reno for $1000

That’s amazing @abhayks 🤩 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @abhayks 

Since you've built the cabinet at the bottom I'm sure you can build the cabinet at the top. It all comes down to choice. You can build a timber cabinet shelf or a white cabinet with a white door on it or build a pine cabinet and distress paint it like your bench top. What ever you decide we would love to see the finished product!

Cheers,

Red

abyhayks laundry1.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

This is just lovely.  Nice and fresh, thank you for sharing @abhayks  and WOW, look how much money you saved yourselves... I think it's so rewarding when you do something yourself.  thanks for sharing..  It will be a long time before I get in and do something with my laundry as I have other rooms to attend to first, but when I do, I think I will look into some timber look tiles as I just love what you have done here... 

This old gal

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @abhayks.

Do you have any updates on what you ended up doing with the empty space in the right corner? Have you made progress on open shelving?

We'd love to see where you're up to with this project.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects