Workshop
Ask a question

What can protect a shower screen from deposits?

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

What can protect a shower screen from deposits?

Hello

Reaching out for products that protecting shower screen. As you know the water mists gets deposited on the glass, it makes the view unclear and wondering on any coating materials that can be applied manually on the glass that prevents water to stick on the glass thereby providing a clear view from inside shower.

Could you please share your thoughts on performing the job myself, if it is safe, fun and get it right the first / second time along with your recommended products.

Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower Screen Protection

Hi @nagumuthu,

What you need is a product that will coat the glass and disperse the water. I can recommend two products for you. The first is Rain-x 355ml Shower Door X-treme Clean Glass Cleaner which will do an amazing job of removing soap scum, dirt, hard water build-up, calcium and lime stains. Once your glass is sparkling clean, you can apply Rain-x 473ml Water Repellent Glass Treatment, and this is where the magic really happens. It causes the water to bead up and slide off of the shower screen. I'd also encourage you to keep a Sabco Soft Grip Rubber Window Squeegee close by the shower and give the glass a quick wipe over once you are done with showering.

Please let me know how you go and if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nagumuthu
Making a Splash

Re: Shower screen protection

Thanks Mitchell. 

We came to know about a company which provides the service of shower screen protection. https://www.ezicleen.com.au/services/shower-screen-protection/. I'm not sure anyone have tried this or service from similar providers.

A quote of $300 per Shower is the estimated cost. The advantage is cleaning is not required on day to day basis.

At the same time, we will consider your proposal as well.

Have a good weekend.

Hi @nagumuthu,

I'd encourage you to do some research on what the treatment actually is. The Rain-x 473ml Water Repellent Glass Treatment I have recommended seems to offer the same results as the service you have linked to. Perhaps it is a longer-lasting product, but it appears to do the same thing apart from that. Personally, I'd be trying the product I have recommended first, and if it doesn't offer the expected results, you could move onto the more expensive option.

Whatever option you choose, please let us know of your results as I trust there will be plenty of interest from the community.

Mitchell

Page not found

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @kanga,

That particular product is no longer stocked in our stores. Perhaps you might like to tell our helpful members a little about the issue you'd like to overcome, and they might have some helpful suggestions. Were you getting white hard water stains on your glass? I know my father keeps a window squeegee in the shower stall so the water can be wiped off the glass at the end of a shower. This prevents it from evaporating and leaving behind mineral deposits that cloud the glass.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects