Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Soundproofing internal brick wall

antoallison
Getting Established

Soundproofing internal brick wall

I am just wondering what methods I could use to soundproof or at least dampen sound coming from toilets in my home. One toilet wall backs onto a guest bedroom, the other internal toilet backs on to the main lounge room. The noises can be errr.... audible and embarrasing when you have visitors !

Would using ceramic tiling from floor to ceiling height in the toilet work or am I better using a thick wallper to make a feature wall in the bedroom or lounge ? 

I googled this problem and there seem to be some pricey products in the USA, for use on those wooden stud frame walls but these are single brick walls. 

Re: Soundproofing internal brick wall

@antoallison

You're welcome

Technically Challenged... what does that mean.

do you have an apple or android phone, can you text,send photos & load apps? then the solution is at hand

Always base your decision on data and information, rather than advertising gimmicks/GIFS ...please leave a PM

I am also in perth

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @antoallison,

Hope all is well.

Just wondering if you have made any progress with this project? 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

Unfortunately you're never going to eliminate the noise completely without serious modifications..like completely filling all the walls with acoustic batts..

You might be able to reduce the noise a little by putting acoustic panels on the walls..
Purchase some Polymax sheets (2400 x 1200 x 50mm.thick) and make up timber frames that size and fit the Polymax inside the frames..
Then you can cover them with anything that's relatively porous, like a cloth of some sort..
You then just hang them on the walls..
That might be the cheapest way around your situation..if you haven't already fixed the problem..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects