Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Teeny tiny bathroom

jane_5
Getting Established

Teeny tiny bathroom

7D058A02-05C2-4194-A452-D60202DC1535.jpeg

4BF2EC78-82D3-4771-B37B-9FFFC809739B.jpeg

1B420163-5D44-422C-ADD9-6BD34EA79A48.jpeg

I am wondering if anyone thinks it’s possible for me (moi) to remove my unwanted bath and turn my shower into a walk-in one with one piece of glass only behind the door. I’ll add photos for clarity. If it’s too much for me does anyone have any idea how much it would cost

E99AD12A-E4B4-4109-9E31-655EE0E2E2EB.jpeg

to have it done,(cheaply!) all plumbing stays as is. Thx. Much appreciated. 
I realise tiling is involved 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Teeny tiny bathroom

Hi @jane_5,

Many thanks for the photos. Could you also please provide some measurements of your bathroom and a basic sketch of the current layout? It will help members to see what you are working with and make suggestions on the best layout. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

What is your bathroom flooring @jane_5?

What skills/previous renovation experience do you have?

jane_5
Getting Established

Well. 
my experience? Limited I guess, I have watched years of DIY things (I’m fascinated) my dream would be to do all that stuff, but I haven’t as yet! 
I could do the demolition and I’m sure I could tile if I knew the starting point. 
the bathroom is 2 mts wide, 1800 long and the ceiling is 2700 (sound right?) it’s really only the shower I want altered because I don’t want to climb over the bath to have a shower. Always wanted a walk-in shower with no doors etc. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the measurements @jane_5. I'd still encourage you to share a sketch of the floorplan as it would be good to see where your door is, etc. Then a helpful member like @redracer01 might like to create some new plans for you showing what a walk-in shower would look like in your space. 

If you'd like to get some tiling experience, perhaps you could start by doing a small splashback in your kitchen or laundry? @ProjectPete shared a great step-by-step tutorial for titling here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Best-of-Workshop/How-to-tile-a-splashback/ba-p/29269

You might also be interested in this D.I.Y. advice from Bunnings - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/bathroom/baths-showers-and-toilets/how-to-remove-a-bathroom

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello jane

The TV shows never show you the reality of the renovation. All they show you are all the pretty bits and the "I can do that! That's so easy! parts" I don't want to rain on your enthusiasm, but I must put in a word of caution. A bathroom renovation, even a mid sized one can often snowball into unexpected expenses.

I suggest that you speak to a registered builder - ( Hire Pages ) Ask for a quote and an opinion. It's always best to ask the pro's.

Below are some sketches of the shower. Plan carefully and in great detail, good luck!

Red

jane1.jpgjane2.jpgjane3.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings.
Please visit the Bunnings website
if you need assistance from the Bunnings customer service team

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects