Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix a leaking shower tap?

nfds
Growing in Experience

How to fix a leaking shower tap?

How  do I open  my overhead shower to enable me   to plug the water leaking along the wall?

shower tap 2.jpgshower tap.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix a leaking shower tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nfds. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If the unit is leaking from where I have placed the arrow it likely that the thread tape or washer needs replacing. The entire unit needs to be unscrewed from the wall. This will expose a threaded copper pipe which sticks out of the wall. You need to apply thread tape clockwise around the threaded section of the pipe and then screw the fitting back on.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nfds
Growing in Experience

thanks Mitchell, what I wanted  to know was how do I open the unit.  - there appears to be a button on the unit    -   is there a screw under the button .

thanks

Nicholas

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@nfds,

I wouldn't imagine there is a way to "open" the unit and if there was there isn't anything inside that could be replaced to stop a leak. Leaks can occur where the unit is screwed onto the wall and where the hose connects.

If the leak is running down the wall and is coming from the arrow I have indicated, then you need to unscrew the whole assembly off the wall.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects