Workshop
Ask a question

How to replace this shower head?

hillimana
Finding My Feet

How to replace this shower head?

Hi,

I am wanting to change my shower head that has a ball joint connection with a small connected piece that the shower Head is connected to. I have attached a photo of  it. Is this possible & are you able to provide me with options for this project??

350F9D1C-993E-4820-B125-5F385629FD44.jpeg

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: shower head replacement

Bunnings has heaps (over 200) of shower head replacements. Some will screw straight into the knuckle. My suggestion unscrew the pipe at the wall and replace the whole thing with a hand shower. You will find ones that have a clip and act like a normal shower rose or unhook for a hand shower on the end of hose (better if you dont want to get hair wet or washing pets etc). There is a wide choice. Remember to put plumbers tape on the pipe thread before screwing on new fitting and also shower heads are rated on how much water they use. Usually between 6.5 litres a minute (water saving run around to get wet) and 9 litres a minute. So make sure you check this depending on your water needs. 

James

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @hillimana. I see you have already received some helpful advice from one of our members.

Just to follow up on what @JDE had advised, you might be best to screw that fitting off and replace it with a whole new unit. Something like the Caroma Wels 3 Star Invigra Adjustable Wall Shower would be a direct swap once the extension piece on the wall is removed. There is a wide range of showerheads to choose from which can be fitted in your situation.

The reason why I suggest replacing the whole assembly is that the extension arm appears to have a female thread on it. Most shower roses come with a female thread also similar to Flexispray Wels 3 Star Chrome Bermuda 3 Function Wall Shower Rose. Two female threads don't join together with ease and would need an additional adaptor.

If you require further assistance or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for that. I might check out my options & let you know how I go.

Hello @hillimana 

I suggest this beauty! 3 function head, very stable head positioning system and can be lifted off the neck for easy washing of the shower area during cleaning. You just need to twist the old shower arm/neck off the wall and screw the new one on that simple! Yes plumbing tape everything!

Cheers!

Red

Screenshot_2020-05-12 Estilo WELS 3 Star 9L min 3 Function Hand Shower.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects