Workshop
Ask a question

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ozito Cordless

Hi Penny (@Pennoze)

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. It's great to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. 

Just a heads-up that Mitchell won't be back online until Friday. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. He'll certainly be happy to help.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. As you browse and join in other discussions you'll see that we have loads of helpful and inspiring members sharing wonderful advice and projects on the site every day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Pennoze,

I apologize for the delay in my reply.

All PXC batteries are compatible with all PXC tools. You can also choose to purchase just the skin of the tools for use with your current batteries. This saves on the additional cost of batteries and charger every time you purchase a new tool.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Jason and Mitchell!

JJT2021
Just Starting Out

Can i have an Ozito battery replaced or repacked?

image.jpg

image.jpg

i have a 14.4 v battery plus a recharging cradle i think they their day but the drill is still great any suggestions

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can i have an ozito battery replaced or repacked

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JJT2021. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

That appears to be the OZCD144V1BK which utilises NiCad batteries and was available around 2014. I would be more than happy to contact Ozito tomorrow to determine whether batteries are still available for that unit. Given the advancement in technology and the switch from NiCad to Lithium-Ion batteries, it would be worth considering what drills are on offer at the moment. The Ozito PXC 18V Drill Driver Kit would be a good option as the drill has 21 torque settings, a one-handed keyless chuck, a two-speed gearbox and the Lithium-Ion batteries stay charged and are ready to go when you need them. The batteries also only take 120min to charge instead of the 4-5 hours on the older NiCad batteries and aren't as susceptible to damage from inadequate charging cycles.

I'll get back to you regarding being able to order new batteries.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can i have an ozito battery replaced or repacked

Hi @JJT2021,

The 14.4V NiCad battery your drill uses is no longer produced. As you have mentioned, having it repacked could be an option. However, given the advancement in technology, I would suggest that the cost of re-packing the battery would be better used towards a new drill and battery combo.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

Tom-Thomas
Just Starting Out

Re: Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi Mitchell

I also have similar question; I wanted to know "Ozito PXBP-300 3 Ah Battery" fit for "Victa 18v cordless" blower?

i really appreciate your help.

Tom

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tom-Thomas. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

You'll find that each company has their own style of battery, which has a unique connection. Unfortunately, an Ozito battery will not fit a Victa tool. This goes for their chargers as well, so it would be best to go with the Victa 18V 5.0Ah Cordless Blower Kit, which comes complete with a compatible battery and charger. You'll also find that the included 5.0AH battery has a significantly longer runtime than a 3AH battery.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for the reply.

If that's the case I require to clarify couple of thing:

1.What's the runtime for Victa 5.0 Ah battery? What's the price for the battery by itself? Is it available in Bunnings?

2. Ozito PXBP-300 3 Ah battery suits for any Ozito blower? How long is the runtime for this 3.Ah battery?

Hope you can assist me with this.

Regards

Tom

Hi @Tom-Thomas,

The runtime on the Victa 5.0AH battery in the 18V blower is listed here at 34 minutes. The battery is not stocked within our stores, but the team at your local store's Special Orders counter would be more than happy to price and order a battery for you. As a general rule of thumb, it is cheaper to purchase the kit version than to purchase the skin, battery and charger separately.

Any Ozito Power Xchange battery suits all the Power Xchange range, including the Ozito PXC 18V Cordless Blower - Skin Only. Ozito does not list the runtimes of their battery-powered products. I would hazard a guess that you'll see around 25 minutes of runtime.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects