Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use wooden pallets for garden shed floor?

Tricia2002
Finding My Feet

Can you use wooden pallets for garden shed floor?

Hi, I have an Absco Standard Bike Shed 3.00m x 1.52m x 2.08m and I'm looking at getting a cheap flooring for the bike shed?

Can wooden pallets work, if I treated the wood  and nail down wooden sheets on top? Or what other cheap options are there? I got quoted a wooden floor kit would cost $1000 , I don't want to spend that much.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: flooring for bike shed

I think Bunnings employee's have to be careful with the advice they give, given there would be public liability issues for bad advice if it was to turn pear shaped.

I would use sleepers over pavers as there is more weight in them but I also have an old aviary that was replace by a shed that is just sitting on pavers in the back yard waiting to be thrown away it hasn't blown away yet...

That's fair enough, @Tricia2002.

If you change your mind, creating a concrete slab that is 3000x1500x75mm would require around 39 x bags of Bastion 20kg Concrete Mix which would cost $284. @tom_builds has excellent articles on How to pour a concrete slab and How to finish a concrete slab which I trust you'll find helpful.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

"Unfortunately, timber pallets don't last long when in contact with water and soil."

I learnt that a few years back - termites loved them. :unhappy:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects