Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Docking saw

andrewburridge
New Contributor

Docking saw

What size blade is used on the docking saw at Alexandria. Thanks in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Docking saw

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @andrewburridge. It's fabulous that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

The docking saw at Alexandria Bunnings uses the same size blade featured on most of our saws across our stores. Was there a particular question you had in regards to our docking service? Perhaps you'd like to know what type and size of timber we can cut? You might find this guide useful: Does Bunnings cut wood to size? 

Please let me know if you specifically wanted details on the blade's size, and I can do my best to find out that information for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
andrewburridge
New Contributor

I should have been more specific in my question. I am after the thickness (kerf) of the blade. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

The thickness or kerf of the blade is very close to 3mm @andrewburridge. For every cut placed in the piece of timber, 3mm is lost due to the blade's kerf. There can be a variance of between 3-5mm on cuts, and we also have a minimum cut length of 300mm.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
andrewburridge
New Contributor

I fathomed a guess of 3mm. As it were the offcuts well and truly cover that. Thanks for your time. See ya sometime over the next two weeks. Thanks. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects