Workshop
Ask a question

What insulation should I use for a garage?

Patrick92
Finding My Feet

What insulation should I use for a garage?

HardieFire.jpgI was wanting to know if there is any type of insulation to use in the garage or can you just use any type?? I just want something cheap...

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hey, I'm just wondering is there any type of insulation to use in the garage??

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Patrick92. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

There's no specific insulation for use in a garage, it will have to do with what you wish to achieve and the wall construction. If you could provide some images of the areas you wish to insulate that would be of assistance to our members in giving some great advice. Was it the roof or walls you were wanting to insulate? Do you have access to the areas to install insulation batts or would you need to pipe fill loose insulation into existing cavities through ports in the wall linings?

Generally, the price of insulation relates directly to the R thermal value achieved. We offer walls batts from R1.5 like the Earthwool R1.5 75 x 580mm28.26m2 Thermal Wall Batt 42 Pack right up to R4.0 with the Bradford R4.0 1160 x 420 x 140mm 2.4m2 Gold High-Performance Wall Batts 5 Pack. You can see between these products the R4.0 are significantly more expensive per meter than the R1.5, however, their thermal ability reflects this price difference.

If you can provide some more information about the areas you wish to insulate, I can then look for the cheapest option available in the correct product for your needs.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Hey, I'm just wondering is there any type of insulation to use in the garage??

Hey Mitchell, 

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated, I will try get some photos up soon, I just wanted to insulate the walls for the time being then put some ply wood up as a wall to cover the insulation, just to make it a bit warmer in the winter time.

(Here are some photos I've just taken, Measurements are 555mm x 965 x 100, I'd like to do as much of the shed as I can) 

IMG_20200809_181203.jpg

IMG_20200809_181305.jpg

IMG_20200809_181158.jpg

IMG_20200809_181036.jpg

IMG_20200809_181008.jpg

IMG_20200809_180928.jpg

IMG_20200809_180825.jpg

IMG_20200809_180754.jpg

Hi @Patrick92,

After having a look through our range I believe the Earthwool R2.0 90 x 580mm 21.53sqm Thermal Wall Batt 32 Pack would be the best value for your area. Each pack contains 32 batts and will cover an area of 21.53 square meters. Here's a step-by-step D.I.Y article on How to insulate walls which I trust you'll find helpful in the process.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects