Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito Hammer drill wobble issue

nsavi
Growing in Experience

Ozito Hammer drill wobble issue

Hello

I recently got the Ozito Hammer drill(PXBHS-100).

I am using it for the first time today and I was trying to screw into a wood in Gear 1 setting.

I used an adaptor chuck for the screw  bits and the chuck wobbles so much that it feels to me the screw might not go in straight.

I removed, inserted it straight etc to try and fix the wobbling but no success.

The wobbling is no there in Gear 2 though.

I have attached a YouTube video to demonstrate the wobbling.

What am I doing wrong here. Please advise.

Thank you

Sam

16326199941019007100492018191705.jpg

16326196771815156858563565469547.jpg

1632620045306745302571277125514.jpg

nsavi
Growing in Experience

Re: Ozito Hammer drill wobble issue

I tried with a drill bit and its the same issue.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Zht8O-9BP84

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

@nsavi  that looks unacceptably bad. I hope they replace it for you. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @nsavi

I'm sorry to hear that the testing method did not work out. Thank you for posting the video clips. We have at least eliminated the possibility that it could be your drill bits. Please remember to bring your docket and the drills original packaging to the store.   

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

Thanks for the video That basically tells me the chuck is at fault by the same token I will check with two different standard drill bits just to be sure . Also at one stage square shank extenders were available for the use in hand held interchangeable screw driver handles, I am not in my home location where I do have a set and yes it is old.

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Despite reading this post, I recently purchased an Ozito Drill for my grandson, just to get him started with some tools.... and the chuck wobbled!

(I can't say I wasn't warned.)   Took it back and found that each one I tried at the shop was the same.

My grandson was with me and he determined that this would be acceptable for his current needs (especially when compared to his not having one at all since we would have to wait for the next model up to be available due to transport problems to the west) and that he was willing to then upgrade to a better one, of his own choice, when he started work. 

So we kept it, with its characteristic "Ozito Wobble". At least he has the battery & charger now... and a motivation to get his first job. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects