Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: What is your most-used tool?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: What is your most-used tool?

I'm sure if you took a peek into the shed or workshop of many community members, you'd find a huge selection of tools.

But what is the one that gets the most work?

Our latest Workshop poll on the front page asks a simple question: what is your most-used tool?

Let us know by voting in the poll and feel free to continue to discussion by replying below. 

Jason

Man-With-Tools.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Peggers
Becoming a Leader

Re: Poll: What is your most-used tool?

I love my drill, too. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I ALWAYS have a Phillips head screwdriver on the go - and I get through a few, by leaving them in different places. I think with old caravans, there are screws everywhere - doors, windows, wood panels, kitchen, lights, everywhere!

Steve101
Finding My Feet

Would be close between the Tape Measure, Cordless Drill and lawn mower

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Steve101. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

What sort of projects have you been making with your tape measure and cordless drill lately? We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans for around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know whenever you need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community for those projects as our amazing and creative members contribute their ideas here every day.

Mitchell

KevinMall
Making a Splash

3 months ago, I would have said my brushless cordless drill, however since that time I purchased a multi tool and have found it to be invaluable for a large variety of renovation tasks. My tip here get one with a quick change tool attachment it is so convenient and worth the extra money in time saved.

That's very interesting, @KevinMall! I've always considered getting a multi-tool but have never made the investment. I've heard quite a few good things about them, and I think I'll look at purchasing one in the near future.

Thanks for your input.

Mitchell

tuhoeta
Getting Established

I was hoping someone would include the good old Philips screw driver, because its the most used posi drive in any drill, no doubt about that

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tuhoeta. It's a pleasure to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

It's funny what we take for granted, isn't it? I had to remove and replace an old door that had flathead screws in the hinges. They had a bit of paint in them and were almost impossible to remove. There wasn't even a question on whether to use them again or not. I simply switched them out for posidrive.

It sounds like you are very knowledgeable and I trust there will plenty of advice you can offer our members. We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. In return, I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration for those projects as our clever and creative members share their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

yep, i hope i never see another flat head screw, lol

cakie181
Finding My Feet

Hey all...so,i'm new to all this here,but here i go...my most favourite tool is the good ole trusty hammer....good for banging nails into some wood when i'm in an aggrivated state of mind,next most favourite tool is my cordless drill

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @cakie181 

Thank you for sharing your choice of tools. I totally agree that a hammer and a drill are some of the most used tools in my own toolbox. You barely notice sometimes especially when you are driving the nails back into your fence or when you are hanging a picture. The same thing goes for the drill when you're reseating the screws on a decking panel.  

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects