Workshop
Ask a question

How to replace Ozito lawn mower blade?

miketun
Getting Established

How to replace Ozito lawn mower blade?

Hi,

I hit a tree root with my Ozito Cordless Lawn Mower (PXCLMK-018) and tore the blade off.

The instructions say to hold the bolt with a 12mm spanner and turn the blade.

Without a blade I cannot keep the spindle from turning when I try to undo the bolt.

Any suggestions?

Ozito Mower.jpg

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: Replacing Ozito Lawn Mower Blade

Thanks for the feedback, Thats another new tip for the tool box. So I guess the lawn will be mowed now

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"I hit a tree root with my Ozito Cordless Lawn Mower (PXCLMK-018) and tore the blade off."

My eyes are rubbish - but that blade, is it just a piece of pressed sheet metal?

Have you removed that tree root? If not, I'm thinking this saga could happen again. 🙁

miketun
Getting Established

Hi Noyade,

Yes, it's pressed metal, but in defense of the mower, the motor doesn't generate much torque - tall grass will stall it, so ordinarily I would say that the blade is strong enough.

I was too embarrassed to admit earlier that in the nearly 4 years of owning that lawnmower I've hit many things. 

I plead guilty, your honour, of misusing said lawnmower.

r23on
Amassing an Audience

miketun 

there is a message in this exercise if you want to use a subclass pice of kit these thing happen. now if you had of use that money you spent on poor quality and put a bit more to it you cold have got your self the aeg battery mower and it would never had happened it’s the best mower i have ever bought has great torque. now more petrol mowers for me

@miketun thanks so much for putting this info here. I had the exact scenario, I tore the blade right off with a tree root, so ordered a new blade. When I got it I thought that’s not going to fit and was totally perplexed when I couldn’t lock the spindle in place even with some locking pliers. I was literally considering replacing the mower when I found this post. I got myself an impact wrench and a couple of quick clicks the bolt was out and the blade straight on! My landlord I’m sure will be relieved when I can clear the jungle on the weekend 😅

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @MikeyMoo,

It's fantastic to hear that this discussion has been helpful and you've managed to sort out your mower.

Let me extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I'm sure you'll find plenty of ideas and advice from our incredible members, and we look forward to hearing about your projects around the house and garden.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RayT
Finding My Feet

Hi,

My mower blade just came off too and hope you can help me with some advice.

Would you be able to tell me where you ordered the blade as I can't seem to find the blade.

Also for the socket that you use with the impact driver, was it a 12mm socket?

Thank you.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RayT. It's wonderful to have you join us. We're looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans.

Could you please give us the make and model of your mower so we can assist?

Jason

RayT
Finding My Feet

Hi Jason,

The model is Ozito Cordless Lawn Mower (PXCLMK-018).

Thank you.

Ray

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @RayT

If you still have your Ozito PXCLMK-018 manual the blade removal instructions are on page six. The tool spanner size mentioned is 12mm. Please make sure to wear heavy-duty gloves when installing or removing the blade. The blade for your Ozito PXCLMK-018 lawn mower can be ordered from the Special Orders desk at your local store. There have been a few iterations of the PXC series lawnmowers. Please make sure to provide the special orders team with the model number of your lawnmower. If you need further assistance ordering this spare part, please me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects