Workshop
Ask a question

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you register your Ryobi tools?

If you have purchased a new Ryobi tool or battery, the first step is to create a Customer Account at ryobi.com.au/register for Australia or ryobi.co.nz/register for New Zealand.

After you have created your account, Ryobi will send you a message to confirm and validate your email address.

Once your account is validated, please log into your account and register your products. You'll need your tool and proof of purchase such as your Bunnings receipt.

Please note that Ryobi's registration and extended warranty offer are for tools-only. Batteries and chargers do not have an extended warranty.

You can still register the charger and battery online for record-keeping purposes. If you wish to register your charger or battery online and cannot find the serial number on either a sticker on the charger or battery, a tag on the cord, or an imprint on the plug, you can use ten zeros in place of your serial number for the online form. You'll be prompted to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt as well.

However, please remember that when you register tools, it is essential to enter the correct serial number from your tool to activate the extended warranty.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ryobi battery charger serial number

Hello @happy1

I'm so sorry that the serial number is not where it is supposed to be. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the charger and the charging block? Every Ryobi product is shipped with a tag and is usually attached somewhere on the body of the unit. This tag sometimes in very small fine print contains the serial number and model number of the product. Once we see the model that you have, I can ask Ryobi for more information on the location of the serial tag.

Here is a handy link to Ryobi's FAQ: General FAQS 

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

Syafique
Just Starting Out

I am also having this same issue i bought with the line trimmer kit. I do not see any serial number on the charger and plug

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Syafique. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about locating your Ryobi serial number.

Could you please provide some details on which line trimmer kit you purchased?

If there is no serial number on the unit, I'll need to contact Ryobi on Monday for assistance. 

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Syafique,

Many thanks for your patience. 

To clarify, Ryobi tools have an extended warranty, obtained by registering them online with Ryobi. There is no extended warranty on top of the standard three-year warranty for batteries and chargers if you register them online. 

You can still register them online for record-keeping purposes if you would like. Alternatively, hang onto your physical or digital Bunnings receipt for the goods. With this receipt, our team in-store will be able to exchange your battery or charger for the three-year period, and there is no need to register online for this.

If you wish to register your charger online and can not find your serial number on either a sticker on the charger, a tag on the cord, or an imprint on the plug, feel free to use ten zero's in place of your serial number for the online form. You'll be prompted to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt as well. When you register tools, it's essential to use your serial number on the unit, and using 0's in place of your serial number will not activate the extended warranty.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

pw2800
Getting Established

I can't register for extended warranty 36V 1.7A Charger

BCL3617S because I can't find the serial number. is there a screenshot of where it should be?

CHARGER2.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pw2800

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about the location of the serial number of your charger.

You've actually found the serial number BCL3617S. However, If you've registered your tool, charger, and battery on the Ryobi website, you can only get an extended warranty on the tool. There is no extended warranty on top of the three-year warranty on the charger and battery if you've already registered them online. 

If you have a look at @MitchellMc's last post on this discussion you'll see he's made some excellent suggestions about registering your charger and battery.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

pw2800
Getting Established

@MitchellMc' was correct. When I spoke to a ryobi rep through facebook she said said parts don't have a serial number so I can just put 00000's in that field when registering the charger. I registered the battery and cordless trimmer wit their own serial numbers and uploaded my Bunnings receipt to the Ryobi website.

Joe_27
Just Starting Out

how to find serial number on Ryobi 36v battery

I'm trying to register for extra warranty on Ryobi 36v lawnmower.  Cannot find serial number anywhere on chargee BCL3617S and the 6 digit serial number on battery BPL3640D2 is not accepted... rgds Joe

20211231_123337.jpg

20211231_123345.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to find serial number on Ryobi 36v battery

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Joe_27. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about registering Ryobi tools.

The registration and extended warranty are for Ryobi tools. The batteries and charges do not have an extended warranty. Did you find the sticker on the lawnmower with its serial number?

You can still register the charger and battery online for record-keeping purposes if you would like. Alternatively, hang onto your physical or digital Bunnings receipt for the goods. With this receipt, our team in-store will be able to exchange your battery or charger for three years, and there is no need to register online for this.

If you wish to register your charger/battery online and can not find your serial number on either a sticker on the charger/battery, a tag on the cord, or an imprint on the plug, feel free to use ten zero's in place of your serial number for the online form. You'll be prompted to upload a copy of your Bunnings receipt as well. When you register tools, it's essential to use your serial number on the unit, and using 0's in place of your serial number will not activate the extended warranty.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Re: how to find serial number on Ryobi 36v battery

Hi @Joe_27,

Please look response from @pw2800 . I used the same solution to register my 36V 4.0Ah 16" Lawn mower with Kit. For registering Power charger you need to use 00000 in serial number and it will register the power charger for warranty.

regards,

Nilesh

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects