Workshop
Ask a question

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Many thanks for introducing yourself @Wayne. And great to see you sharing your handiwork on the Gallery. You obviously have terrific woodworking skills and have a great deal of knowledge and experience you can share with other community members. Looking forward to reading more about your plans and projects. 

Jason

John44
Building a Reputation

Hi everyone

Hi my name is john

im a truck driver by trade but a closet dyi fanatic . I've tried everything from brick laying to deck laying to building rooms not much I won't try or should I say havnt

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hi everyone

Thanks for introducing yourself @John44. Glad to have you as a member of the community. And it's great to see you sharing some of your handiwork. Looking forward to seeing more.

Jason

Craig
Finding My Feet

Another place you can try to get a bit more woodworking experience is at your local mens shed as most will show you things with each different type of machines. You can find your local at http://mensshed.org

Most of them also do sausage sizzles at local bunnings or assist with the diy projects inside

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Pamela

G'day Pamela
I'm new here too, & I'm loving it. What's blown me away, is the sheer number of ladies here who are having a go in what was once a male dominated area. It's a welcome change, as I've been astounded at the number of males who don't have a clue about anything mechanical, & they saunchly avoid having a crack at it anyway, for fear of failure. Man up guys, you're being shown up.
All the very best to you & those you love.

John

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

The group hug thread

I'd like to congratulate & thank the founders, the developers & of course, a huge warm fuzzy goes out for all you genuinely lovely DIYers.

Learning from others, rather than TV shows that peddle sponsor merchandise, has without doubt, made my life so much easier.

This site is a dream come true for me, & I whole heartedly thank you all for allowing me access.

Re: The group hug thread

Many thanks for embracing Workshop with such enthusiasm @Andy_Mann. It's great to have you as one of our founding members. 

We really passionately believe that there is real power in community. We can always learn a lot from each other, whether it’s just a few quick tips, or inspiration and advice for a massive project. We encourage everyone to participate by asking questions, sharing information, knowledge, experience and ideas.

Jason

Hello fellow community members!

I am a single female with ambitions greater than my skills so any advice is welcome. I live on 2 acres and I am willing to give most things a go - I have painted the interior of the house - twice 'cause the colours weren't right the first time, replaced a rotting timber retaining wall with a self locking one, installed storage in the garage and I endlessly add to the garden design. Projects I have in mind are building a fire pit (love the ideas already posted - now just to make it happen), replacing much of toehold laundry components,

replacing the rotten wooden deck with a concrete one after installing water tanks underneath and making it strong enough for my dream hot tub inside glass walls, putting in more water tanks, replacing the broken laserlite and gutters with a system that doesn't leak. Finding the right people for the professional bits can be a challenge. Bunnings DIY workshops look like a good place to start.

Susan

Hi Susan (@poodlefrenzy)

A very warm welcome to Workshop. Many thanks for joining the community and for introducing yourself.

I'm sure many of us can relate to having ambitions greater than our skills but I hope you find plenty of great advice and information here on Workshop. There are already a lot of generous community members who are happy to share their knowledge and experience, and we have only just begun.

Looking forward to reading more about your plans and projects. Please post again soon.

Jason 

Bill
Finding My Feet

Introduction : Bill

Hello,

Retired bloke with shed gradually collecting a full complement of toys.

Owner builder of our house almost 30 years ago, dont think I'd do it again tomorrow due to my new understanding of H&S and my responsibilities - was in blissful ignorance at the time - and was a different world back then. H&S didnt dominate everything you wanted to do at work or at home.

Built a drum sander and then a wood lathe a couple of years ago and then started freaking out about dust control in the shed so started playing with a metal lathe instead and more recently a milling machine and adapted a wood bandsaw to cut metal.

Is this forum assumed to be mainly woodworking or is metalworking also catered for ? I got the invite to join via email a few days ago, not sure how I got on that mailing list.

Regards

Bill

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects