Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Sarah5. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about pallet treatment.

Not all pallets are treated. Domestic single-use pallets are often not treated at all as after shipping they are just about falling apart and ready for a skip bin. If you are after heat-treated pallets, then you'll be searching for an HT stamp on the pallet. However, I would play it safe and assume that everything has been chemically treated and not use pallet timber for things it shouldn't be, like chopping boards or serving platters. You'd certainly want to avoid any MB stamps that stand for methyl bromide, which is a toxic treatment.

What are you using the pallets for?

Mitchell

Thanks for your reply!

I am making a winebox, so I know not to get MB pallets (coz of the chemicals). The ones at Bunnings today weren't chemically treated (according to the staff) but had no stamps. I have found some heat treated ones somewhere else :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to hear you found some suitable pallets @Sarah5! Keep us updated on your project and I can't wait to see your finished results.

Mitchell

ericak
Just Starting Out

pallets for a raised floor

Do any bunnings stores near kenthurst currently have free pallets? There is water on the floor of the garage when we have heavy rain and I would like to keep some boxes dry.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pallets for a raised floor

Hello @ericak

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about using pallets for a raised floor.

The closest store's to Kenthurst that I can see are Bunnings Dural and Castle Hill. I've been in contact with both stores and both have mentioned that they have pallets available. However, I suggest calling before going as both stores have said that they don't have a great deal left.

If you would like to explore other possibilities on how to stop the flooding in your garage, please let us know.

Eric

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

Hi there have you tried your local Bunnings. They sometimes have some over and you may get them free if you smile and say Thankyou b🌺

Hi I'm new here. How can I check.availability of free pallets at Bunnings Maribyrnong (3032) ? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pushpakotharu

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about free pallets.

Most stores usually have free pallets available, but due to their popularity, a lot of them are being snapped up for D.I.Y. projects. The best way to find out if a store has any free pallets is to give the store's timber yard a call and ask them if there are any in the yard. Let me make some inquiries and get back to you. 

It sounds like you've got a pallet project. Any details you can share about your project would be much appreciated.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pushpakotharu 

I'm sorry but Bunnings Maribyrnong currently has no pallets to give out. However, they did say to call on Fridays if you wish to know if there have been any that have been put aside in their timber yard. The next closest store is Bunnings West Footscray and they only have a few left. It's best to check with the stores before heading out.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Hello, I don’t know how Bunnings is fixed for pallets at Altona but it would be worth asking . The number is 93927700 b

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects