Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jgsaau
Getting Established

Re: How do you find free pallets?

G'Day @Jason 

I'm starting to get really confused, I posted on 27th saying I cannot get pallets at 2xBunnings stores.

So I 

"need assistance with obtaining them"

I'm a volunteer at a community org. that seeks to support carers, so as I said to all Bunnings staff yesterday I'm not going to turn up with a trailer and take ever pallet I can get, I'm going to be very picky and I know from past experience I will only choose 1-2 pallets.

I'm happy to arrive and leave as per the window on the day that has been agreed in advance :smile:

The Bunnings contractor is saying they don't recycle, I called them this morning, so this resource is being wasted. They are paid to remove not recycle, their words not mine.

As I have said previously here, my wife worked for Bunnings and I know it is a big business.

What do I need to do to confirm I "need assistance" ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Hello @jgsaau

I'm sorry to hear that you did not get your pallets. I've contacted the stores in the immediate area around Gawler and they have confirmed that they are leaving their pallets outside the store for the public to pick up. I've spoken to the stores and made them aware of your need for pallets. 

• Bunnings Parafield - David - 08 8209 2900

• Bunnings Modbury - Amanda - 08 8360 6500

• Bunnings Prospect - Zac - 08 8269 0800

• Bunnings Woodville - Anyone in the timber yard - 08 8300 5900

• Bunnings Kent Town - Josh - 08 8132 9300

• Bunnings Marion - Simon - 08 8375 7600

Depending on which store you go to, I've contacted the coordinators to give you a hand with the pallets. Please note that the pallets are still on a first come first serve basis. Some stores run out of pallets really quick as they have a lot of D.I.Y.  enthusiasts in the area. It's best to contact the stores first and speak to the coordinators to make sure they have some to give away.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Hardwood pallets

Hi guys, Does anyone know where i can get some long hardwood pallets from. The Nunawading store used to put them out for collection but they don't seem too any more. Is there any other store nearby that has them?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hardwood pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @anthonyL. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your question about finding hardwood pallets.

Typically, most of our stock arrives on Pine softwood pallets, and these are what we put aside for customers to collect. Hardwood is generally reserved for pallets that circulate between stores and suppliers, and they're denoted by their red and blue colouring. We do not own these red and blue hardwood pallets, so we can't give them away.

Occasionally we'll receive stock on a hardwood pallet that an exterior company doesn't own. These get put out for customers, but there's no guarantee that any of our stores will have them at any time. Over the last few years, I've noticed that the hardwood pallets are becoming scarcer. 

You might like to stop into Bunnings Boxhill, Ringwood, Doncaster and Bayswater to see what they have available. If you chat with the team in those stores, you might find that they'd be able to keep ahold of any hardwood pallets and give you a call to collect.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

What Bunnings in Adelaide South Australia giveaway wooden pallets

Looking for free wooden pallets, wondering if Bunnings stores Munno para Sa or Parafield Sa has any to give away 

Re: What Bunnings in Adelaide South Australia giveaway wooden pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bubblesquishy. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring free pallets.

Bunnings Munno Para West does have pallets available at the moment, and Bunnings Parafield has a few at the moment, but they also regularly set them aside for customers throughout the week. You'll also find that @Eric provided a helpful list above of stores in the Adelaide area that keep pallets for customers. However, before heading in, it is always best to check with the store to avoid disappointment, as the free pallets go quickly.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Pallets

im looking to get 5 timber pallets from a bunnings store near east bentleigh pls

Re: Pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @scotty1966. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about aquiring free pallets.

Bunnings Oakleigh has around five decent pallets there at the moment. They do regularly put them aside for customers to collect. If you intend on heading over at a later date then it would be best to call the store to confirm there are some available.

What do you plan on building with the pallets? 

Mitchell

HI Mitchell, I'm going to build an outdoor bar

Sounds excellent, @scotty1966! You might like to check out this article on How to build a pallet bar if you're looking for instructions to follow.

Share some pics when you're done.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects