Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wood work major work

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @anwyn123. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about pallet availability.

Our stores will often put aside pine pallets for anyone to collect. I've contacted Wagga Wagga Bunnings, and they would be more than happy to round a few up for you.

What do you plan on building with them?

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

looking for a free pallets near chadstone area?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: looking for a free palletes

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @casanova. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

Most of our stores will happily provide you with free pallets when they are available. Just have a word with one of our helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store, and they will be able to point you in the right direction. 

What are you planning on making with the pallets? Have you checked out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects?

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have any questions. We're always happy to help.

Mitchell

Re: looking for a free palletes

Thanks Mitch mate! I will try what you’ve advised. Will be building a garden benches during lockdown hopefully i can get some.

Olwen
Just Starting Out

How do I get some free pallets for DIY purposes?

I live in Gold Coast, Queensland and I was wondering where I could find some free pallets for a DIY project. 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do I get some free pallets for DIY purposes?

@Olwen 

Sometimes Bunnings have them.

Gumtree often has giveaway pallets.

Keep an eye out while traveling around.

Some dumped in the side street near our shop, Adelaide is a bit far away though and little darling has passed judgement on them already so they wont be coming home with us.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I get some free pallets for DIY purposes?

Hi @Olwen

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us.

Most Bunnings stores offer free pallets when available. If you speak with a helpful team member at the store in the timber drive-through, they'll be able to show you what they currently have. It's always best to give the store a quick call before you head in to make sure some are there to pick up.

What are you planning to make with the pallets? You can get inspiration from our Top 10 most popular pallet projects and many other fantastic pallet projects shared by members on the site. We're confident you'll get loads of ideas and helpful advice from our clever and creative members who are posting on Workshop every day.

Jason

pallet projects

Looking for free pallets, reasonably in gd condition. 2-4 pallets needed. For barn gate project. 

Re: pallet projects

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Danielle-maple. It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring free pallets.

I'd suggest the best place to start your search would be with your local Bunnings. They will often put pallets aside for members of the public to collect.

We would be delighted to follow along with your barn gate project, and I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Please reach out if you need further assistance with finding the pallets or with your project.

Mitchell

Free Pallets

Hi,

I am looking for free pallets. I live in Sydney North West (Carlingford).

Thank you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects