Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mme97
Just Starting Out

Free wooden pallet

Hello! how can I reserve free wooden pallets and if I could like them cut to a certain size can Bunnings cut this for me and at what cost?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free wooden pallet

Hello @Mme97

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about free wooden pallets.

Reserving pallets at the store is possible. However, I suggest visiting your local store and looking at which ones you want to be put aside. You can even organize delivery to your home if you wish. I'm so sorry but team members are not allowed to cut the pallets for safety reasons. If you tell me the closest branch in your area I can have some put aside for you to inspect. 

Here is a handy link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular pallet projects

If you are planning your own pallet project, we would love to see what you have in mind.

Eric

Free Pallets to make a table

Hi, i am looking for free pallets to make a table for my alfresco area. Just wondering if there are any available at my local Bunnings. I am in Marsden Park, NSW.

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallets to make a table

Hello @Baslam

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for sharing your question about pallet availability.

I've contacted the Trade Desk team at Bunnings Marsden Park, and they currently have pallets in the store today. If you'd like to head into the store and select your pallets, they'll put them aside for you. Are you planning a special project with the pallets? I'm sure our members would love to see what you have planned. Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

Here is a handy link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular pallet projects

If you need further assistance with the pallets, please let us know.

Eric

Thanks Eric. Do i need to call them before i go?

i am making a table for my alfresco area😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Baslam

There is no need to call if you are going today. I have confirmed that they have pallets available for you. However, if you are going next week we will have to check again if they have any available. If you can post an update on your project when you begin that would be wonderful. I'm sure our members would love to see your project.

We look forward to seeing the start of your table.

Eric

BenHyde
Just Starting Out

pallets

Looking for FREE pallets in my local area, wanting have a crack at a bar for my garage.

Orange,NSW

0FD07B0D-ABD5-49BE-91BE-EF7B0A919DDC.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: pallets

Hi @BenHyde,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Bunnings stores offer free pallets whenever they become available. If you speak with a helpful team member at the store in the drive-through, they'll be able to show you what they currently have. It's always best to give the store a quick call before you head in to make sure some are there to pick up.

Have you seen the step-by-step guide by @Peggers How to build a pallet bar? Rob took inspiration from pallet maestro @Yorky88 who has shared many pallet bar projects with the community, including this popular creation.

Looking forward to seeing your pallet bar project come together. Please keep us updated.

Jason

Bendago
Just Starting Out

Can i get free ply wood or pine at bunnings near aspley?

I have been wanting to build a dog kennel but I can’t scrape enough money for it and was wondering if any Bunnings have free sheets of ply or pine ?

pallets

I know it has been asked before but seeking used pallets for garden use. Free if possible?  Bunnings Murray Bridge. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects