Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Free pallets

I just called my local Bunnings (Hoppers Crossing) to enquire about free pallets.  The girl on the phone said Bunnings doesn't give away pallets at all.  I can't go into the store at the moment to enquire directly as they only have click and collect.  How else can I find pallets?

Prakashk85
Growing in Experience

Re: Free pallets

Hi @mcrfan888,

When I called Tarneit brach couple weeks ago, they said I can collect free pallets after lockdown is eased or anytime if I have Trader Permit to visit Bunnings. They said I can use their courtesy trailer if needed.

zool3
Cultivating a Following

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

Hi! 

I am wondering what are the sizes of the pallets? I have a small car so limited to about 900mm wide and 1.2m deep.

It would be good to know if there are pallets available in maribyrnong, west footscray or Sunshine.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free timber pallets

Hello @ryanardo24

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your query about free timber pallets.

Our stores offer free pallets whenever they become available. I suggest calling your local store and speaking to a team member in the Timberyard as they can easily spot the pallets and tell you if any are available. If you are making garden beds please make sure to grab only the pallets that are marked as "heat-treated" these pallets will be safe to use in your garden. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your garden bed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Re: Free pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mcrfan888. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about where to find pallets.

It sounds like there might have been a miscommunication. We do not give away our coloured and branded pallets, as the supplier owns these. However, we do encourage customers to collect our free pine pallets. These become available when we receive them with deliveries. I suggest you speak to a team member in the timber yard, as they will be very familiar with the disposable pallets. You might need to wait until restrictions ease before being able to access the pallets at our stores.

Alternatively, you could try building sites or your local supermarket.

Please let me know if you have further difficulties, and I'd be happy to call the store on your behalf.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

Hi @zool3,

Pallets come in all shapes and sizes. There are generally some half-sized pallets that should fit perfectly in your car. I often take a handsaw along with me so I can cut them to size to fit my small car. Maribyrnong currently has some pallets which you could collect. If you were looking for more of a selection, it's best to call the stores weekly as there will be many more after their stock deliveries.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Re: Free timber pallets

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your informative reply. I will keep you posted on the progress of my project. Indeed, you are a legend! 

Steven2
Just Starting Out

What height, length and width are the paletts

Im from Corinda,Qld and need these for my students project. I know they are free, but what is the height, length and width of these pallets? 

thanks😁

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What height, length and width are the paletts

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Steven2. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on pallet sizes.

As these are our free pallets, there's no one size for them, as all our suppliers use different sources for them. An average full-sized pallet is around 1.2m x 1.2m, but you'll also find 1.2m x 0.8m and even smaller. They are generally around 150mm high. Your best bet is to call or visit your local store to see what might be available.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

mia22
Just Starting Out

Are pallets available for collection

Hi, I was just wondering if pallets were free to collect from any local bunnings in southeast melbourne. looking to use them outdoors for a craft, not in need of them now but later in the year. Are they available any time of the year, and are they free, if not how much are they? Thank you in advance.

- Mia

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects