Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Are pallets available for collection

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mia22. Thank you for sharing your query about the availability of pallets for collection.

The pallets are free to collect at the store when they are available. Yes, you may pick them up any time of the year. I recommend calling your local store and speaking to a timber yard team member to make sure that there are some available for you to pick up. Because of their popularity with the D.I.Y. community, the free pallets are often picked up as soon as they are available. If you need assistance in having some put aside, please let us know. 

When the time comes to build your project, please don't hesitate to post it. Our members are keen to see your creation.

Eric 

Re: Free Pallet

Where can I find free pallets in Wyndham Vale district?

Thanks

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DanielWCC1. It's brilliant that you've decided to join us and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

Unfortunately, there is only limited access to our Melbourne metropolitan stores at the moment. In the interim, you might like to have a look around your local area. I've often seen pallets discarded on the nature strip at building sites and at veggie markets. It's always best to ask before taking them, though.

What do you plan to build with the pallets? If you haven't decided yet, you might like to check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects for inspiration.

Mitchell

free pallets

just wondering if the free pallets are still available for pickup from Bunnings during the lockdown?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: free pallets

Hello @peggy2317

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about the availability of free pallets during lockdown. 

Can you please tell us which stores are closest to you? I can make some inquiries for you and find out if they are open to the public. Do you have a pallet project in mind? Please don't hesitate to share, our ever-helpful members are more than happy to provide advice and information should you need it.

Eric

Either Rockdale or Kingsgrove.

Thanks

Peggy

Does anyone know where I can find some free pallets this weekend in Prahran area?

I had some lined up on facebook marketplace but they have now all gone!

Happy to travel a bit but within 5km covid boundary. Will pay if necessary!

I need between 4-6 to make an L-shape pallet couch for our backyard. Additionally if anyone has any tips for a very non-handy person to make these easy I'd love some tips.

Thanks! 

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

can bunning Manukau provide some pallets  I will be more than happy to pay for them if needed

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @peggy2317

The best place to pick up the free pallets is at Bunnings Rockdale. I've spoken to a team member and I've been informed that their free pallets are now outside the store and can be picked up without going inside. Bunnings Kingsgrove is currently not able to provide any free pallets at this time. Please note that both stores are still closed to the public and are only open to trade customers.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does anyone know where I can find some free pallets this weekend in Prahran area?

Hello @lucymjordan

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us sharing your question about the availability of free pallets.

The closest stores to that area are Bunnings Port Melbourne and Bunnings Collingwood. Let me make some inquiries for you on the possibility of getting free pallets from those stores. As soon as I have more information, I will get back to you. Building a pallet couch sounds like a fantastic project. Depending on the complexity that you want to tackle, there are some really easy ways to make a backyard lounger.

Have a look at these amazing projects from Bunnings Workshop community members.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular pallet projects

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects