Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Does anyone know where I can find some free pallets this weekend in Prahran area?

I’d love to know where has pallets!! Thanks I’ll wait for your update :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does anyone know where I can find some free pallets this weekend in Prahran area?

Hello @lucymjordan

I'm so sorry, I've spoken to both stores and they are not able to deliver your pallets. Until the lockdown restrictions ease up, the free pallets will not be available. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

jene
Just Starting Out

free pallets near Annerley

hi just wondering if there may be some free pallets anywhere near Annerley?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: free pallets near Annerley

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jene. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

Our stores often have free pallets available for collection, and your closest appears to be Bunnings Rocklea. It's always best to give them a quick call before heading in to make sure they have some. Please ask to speak with someone in the trade or timber section and specify you are after the free Pine pallets.

What do you plan on building with them?

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Mitchell 

KAMEP
Just Starting Out

I need at least 4 Pallets. (Maybe more if i screw it up) Sunshine Bunnings or within 10Km.

I would like to attempt a Moveable Bar.

I need Pallets, and well, tools.

I do Have a PowerPass, and Garden is my norm. 

However...I like many Melbournians, have been limited, and have/are trying new things.

So. i need 4 Pallets.... TOP SHELF! Please :wink:

Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I need at least 4 Pallets. (Maybe more if i screw it up) Sunshine Bunnings or within 10Km.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KAMEP. It's brilliant that you've joined us and many thanks for your question about obtaining pallets.

I've spoken to Sunshine Bunnings, and they have a dedicated Skip Bin, which their pallets go in straight away. However, if you call the store most mornings and ask for Justin in the Timber Yard, he's more than happy to put a few quality pallets aside over the coming days for you to collect.

If you haven't already seen it, make sure you check out How to build a pallet bar by @Peggers. We'll be keen to see your results, so keep us updated.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Frits
Just Starting Out

Mobile pallets

I use my shed as a workshop but also nee to store materials for building a   home extension. I must be able to help myself to these materials as and when required which means a lot of wasted floor space to secure access to the stored materials.

My thinking is to store the materials on mobile skids, made up of pallet(s) and mounted on moving dollies. I figure a skid would be made up of 1 pallet on 4 dollies or 2 pallets on 6. Some additional timber may be required to modify or strengthen the pallets.

I wonder if Bunning in Taree or Port Macquarie would surplus pallets I can pick up for my project. I would also need 20 dollies (Syneco 580 x 290 x 100, I/N 3962033, $14) which I would buy at the same time.

Thanks, Frits

Screenshot Dollie 2021-09-23 111545.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mobile pallets

Hello @Frits

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about mobile pallets.

Our stores often have free pallets to give away depending on availability. It's always a good idea to give the store's a call before going to find out how many they have available. The Syneco 580 x 290 x 100mm Movers Dolly is available at both stores. However, there is not enough to fulfill your required number of 20. I recommend speaking to the store's Special Orders Desk and ordering 20 of the Syneco Movers Dolly so that you can pick it up in one go.

Let me make some inquiries for you and find out if they have any in stock. As soon as I have more information, I will get back to you. It sounds like a very practical use of the pallet and dolly, any updates you can provide with your project would be much appreciated.

Eric   

Frits
Just Starting Out

Many thanks Eric, Looking forward to hearing what you found out.

Have a great weekend

Cheers,

Frits

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Frits

I've spoken to both stores and they currently have pine pallets available. Please make sure to speak to a timber yard team member and to tell them that you are after the free pine pallets. Please don't forget to place your order for the Syneco 580 x 290 x 100mm Movers Dolly while you are at the store. 

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects