Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Disposing off Palm Fords which have fallen off or pruned

Highlighted
Budding Browser

Disposing off Palm Fords which have fallen off or pruned

image.jpg

I have an old Palm tree in the rented house backyard close to a neighbour’s fence. It grows long Palm fords (spiky) and falls off the neighbour’s backyard near their swimming pool. Occasionally they keep throwing it back into our backyard and over a time it has accumulated! 
How do I Cut it and dispose off through Green Organic Council cleanup or any other way?

Please advise.. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disposing off Palm Fords which have fallen off or pruned

Hi @manisalem45,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need help or have something to share - we have amazing members sharing project inspiration and helpful advice on the site every day.  

To kick this one off, I might direct you to a previous discussion on the topic as it has lots of useful information from other members: Chopping up palm tree fronds

I'm sure @MitchellMc would also be happy to make some product recommendations for you. 

Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Disposing off Palm Fords which have fallen off or pruned

Hi @manisalem45,

I'd like to also welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It looks like you have a reasonable quantity of palm fronds to deal with there at the moment. You might like to consider a garden shredder that is capable of not only processing standard garden material but also palm fronds. Not all shredders are able to mulch palm fronds. I can recommend either the Ryobi 2400W Crushing Shredder or the Ozito 2400W Silent Garden Shredder for the job as they are suitable for palm fronds.

Alternatively, you might find a pair of bypass loppers would be of assistance in cutting the fronds to a size that fits your green waste bin.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects