Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden Hose connectors

DexterOz
Building a Reputation

Garden Hose connectors

I am looking to get garden hose and spray gun but not sure of the connectors. I have three types of connectors on the tap. Can you confirm which type of connectors i need on the hose

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden Hose connectors

Hi @DexterOz,

Many thanks for your question. When you purchase a hose, it will come with two click-on connectors and an adaptor so they can attach to your tap. These two taps are standard. The hose will click straight onto the tap timer, and the included adaptor will be needed for the other. You'll need to purchase a tap key so you can operate the tap without the handle.

This third tap has some adaptor already on it. I'm not quite sure what is going on there as it reads "Max temp" There is a good chance a standard tap adaptor will screw straight onto it, or you might need to try and remove the current brass adaptor first.

In conclusion, these are all standard taps, and the fittings included with the hose will suit them. You can purchase additional standard tap adaptors for each tap so you can move the hose around easily.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DexterOz
Building a Reputation

Thanks Mitchell

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @DexterOz 

The parts below are the most common hose attachments you will need to connect to your garden tap. One is called the Homan 12 x 20/25 BSP Universal Tap Adaptor. The other one is called Holman 12mm Hose Connector and is pushed and screwed on to the end of a hose. The two then join together to clip on. Check the size of your hose before buying the fittings to make sure they will fit.

Cheers,

Red

Below are some pictures.

Screenshot_2020-12-18 Search - Our range.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

mk1
Cultivating a Following

Hello MitchellMc,

I have similar isssue. My problem is that I have tried 3-4 different hose connectors but nothing is getting on. Is it possible that the winding on this tap is opposite than what usually is done?

60CC0A60-7872-4CC1-A141-51CD2415BD36.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You've got a slightly unusual setup there, @mk1.

What does that valve on the right-hand side do? The lower pipe under it appears to be a recycled water line, as indicated by the purple insulation. Does this tap allow you to run mains water from the pipe going through the wall and then, by turning the lever, allow it to run recycled water out of the tap?

If this tap can have recycled water run out of it, there's a good chance that it is a reverse thread and needs a reversed thread purple tap adaptor which indicates the recycled water. I can see the top of the thread and it appears that this is indeed a reverse thread tap.

I'm a little concerned about whether this tap is connected to your mains line correctly. There would need to be a backflow preventer behind the tap prior to the pipe entering the wall, otherwise recycled water could enter your mains line which is not good. Could we get a side image of the tap showing all the connections? 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

mk1
Cultivating a Following

Hi @MitchellMc ,

thanks for your help.  I just moved into this house. It’s a bit old house and learning a lot. 

my tap is connected to the hose now. Super excited as I struggled a lot before posting on this forum. 

I am attaching the side picture, please advise is something wrong with the pipes. 

heaps of thanks. 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No problems, @mk1! Glad to help. 

Do you have toilets that run off recycled water? If so, that would explain the pipework running into the wall. 

Mitchell

mk1
Cultivating a Following

Hi @MitchellMc ,

I am not sure about that. However the toilet tank never gave out coloured water. 

I will try to get confirmation regarding toilets using recycle water. 

Cheers,

MK

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects