Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden Ideas Wanted - Brisbane, Queensland

Jennifer4054
Finding My Feet

Garden Ideas Wanted - Brisbane, Queensland

Hi Workshop community

I'm seeking your ideas for this bland space in my Brisbane garden. We're on a corner block and sometimes it can be challenging to define the "front" garden (lush green grass and leopard tree beyond the blue pool fencing) from the backyard (foreground, grass).

image.png

I'd like to introduce some screening along this fence line to provide some privacy in the backyard, but also plant up the space to bring some more "garden" into our backyard, which (out of shot) is Sir Walter Turf bordered by a treated pine sleeper path against the house, and a murraya hedge that frames it from the rear fence line. Aside from the turf and the hedge, there isn't much currently in the way of planting in the backyard, so I'd like this little pocket to be that. Plus I need to maintain access to the shed and the compost but don't necessarily need to maintain the stones/pavers in front of it. 

In terms of planting, native plants are my preferred, but very open to any suggestions.

Need to retain access in some format to the compost at the end of this shotNeed to retain access in some format to the compost at the end of this shotThe area I'm looking to re-doThe area I'm looking to re-do

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Garden Ideas Wanted - Brisbane, Queensland

I am a firm believer of vertical gardening. As long as it does not violate pool fencing laws and the like, I suggest vertical gardens to provide you with a privacy screen and have nice herbs and edibles if you like growing along the fence.

vertical.jpgvertical-gardening.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects