Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

HELP - Sir Walter Lawn doing it tuff

Samc81
Growing in Experience

HELP - Sir Walter Lawn doing it tuff

Hi 

looking for a little help identifying the problem with my Sir Walter Lawn which was installed in April 2019 in Sydney.

It was looking amazing and healthy up until around mid November after a couple of really hot days a few large patches turned completely to ‘hay’ in a day or so

B09645EC-2016-4CBF-9E96-AA789AF65011.jpeg

Since then I have been trying to nurse it back to life with doses of seasol and watering but it is still patchy with random green shoots. The dead patches are pretty solidly connected to the soil with what I’d imagine are root and it doesn’t lift up like some people describe when the lawn is infested with grubs but the patches are slowly spreading. See pic

F0684650-C075-4376-BCB1-2A50CB050082.jpeg

Lastly I some of the grass where it is healthy is sprouting for lack a better tern and I’m not sure if it a weed or just because I have let it grow see pic

F774A281-EF3D-4FD4-B2B6-2FAC335F2200.jpeg

I’m not sure if I have a Grub and weed problem or just need to be patientand wait for it to bounce back. Any advice would be great

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: HELP - Sir Walter Lawn doing it tuff

@Samc81 Terrific result! 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects