Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How and what do I line a Merbau raised planter box?

Mariemea
Finding My Feet

How and what do I line a Merbau raised planter box?

Hi everyone, I have picked up 2 small raised planter boxes that are made of Merbau.  The bottom of the box has aluminium pieces (I think they were some sort of patio roofing that will allow water to drain.  I don't know what I should line the planter boxes with.  I've been told to double line it with weed mat or some sort of plastic (not sure if there is a certain type of plastic to use).  Many thanks for all suggestions.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How and what do I line a Merbau raised planter box

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mariemea. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I would advise lining them with either weed matting to stop the soil escaping or drain matting to stop both soil and particles. You should find this step-by-step guide helpful: How to fill a raised garden bed by @Noelle. Within it, Noelle shows how to use drain matting to line a planter box.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How and what do I line a Merbau raised planter box

Hi Mitchell,  thank you so much for your reply and the link.  It was very helpful.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects