Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cure pest damage to Tamirilo plant?

gore
Building a Reputation

How to cure pest damage to Tamirilo plant?

IMG20191012110731.jpg

 some insects can see on the back of the leaves, burnt on the side and ate it white marks...how to treat it?

IMG20191012110710.jpg

 Tamirilo plant( tree tomato )

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to cure pest damage to Tamirilo plant?

Hi @gore,

Sorry to see you're having trouble with your tamarillo. 

Let me tag the wonderful @Noelle who is so generous in sharing her vast experience. Hopefully she will be able to identify the problem and suggest next steps. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi gore
The large hole in the leaf doesn't appear to be related to insect damage - it looks like mechanical damage from another source. The 'burned' edge on the leaf looks like it could be caterpillar damage.

There are small green insects on the underside of the leaf that are aphids, which pierce the leaf surface and suck sap, causing white marks.

A natural insecticide like pyrethrum or Neem oil should help get rid of them. These products are 'contact' insecticides - the pests are killed only when directly hit by the spray - so you may need to apply every week to 10 days to gain reasonable control. Aphids have a very short life cycle so you'll need to keep on top of the spraying to disrupt it.

If the leaf edge damage is from caterpillars or some other chewing pest, then the treatment suggested above will be effective against them too.
gore
Building a Reputation

Thank you and i will do it like u said...because i found caterpillar in all my other leafy vegi.too..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects