Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive dying groundcover?

Danielle27
Just Starting Out

How to revive dying groundcover?

3B26514E-BC07-4720-B658-AB8DAC130985.jpeg

Hi. My ground cover has gone from beautiful to totally awful. It looks like it’s rotting. 
Could it be from all the rain or is something destroying it??  What do you suggest I use on it if the latter??   

B5F16E0A-CC35-495E-8D7D-590A1CFD818F.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: dying ground cover

Hello @Danielle27

Thanks for sharing your question about your ground cover. In order for us to give you a good diagnosis, it's important for you to tell us what's been happening in that area these past few weeks. Have you had excessive rainfall these past few weeks? Did you apply any sort of fertilizer or weed killer in the surrounding area? Has it only recently started? Has your neighbour been spraying anything in their garden? I know these are a lot of questions, but the more information we have the better well able to give you recommendations.

Can I please request for a closer picture of the roots and ground area where the plants are drying off? Can you also please include a picture of the soil itself where your ground cover is planted in.

We look forward to seeing those photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects