Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for my front yard

koolibah
Just Starting Out

Ideas for my front yard

Hello id love some ideas for very low maintenance in my front yard how do I make this look great?

inbound8815532223189160400.jpg

inbound6733192378150484596.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ideas Front Yard

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @koolibah. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You might like to read through this recent discussion: Solution for dry sandy garden by @JacksonWong. Your front yard is similar, and we discuss some options on what could be achieved.

What climate are you located in? It looks like you might want to stick with Australian natives as they are hardy, drought-tolerant and low maintenance. 

I believe you could benefit from some landscaping and you should find these guides useful: How to build a retaining wall and How to build a raised garden bed by @Adam_W. Either of these projects would add interest to the area. For further inspiration, it would be worth reading through our Top 10 most popular raised garden beds.

Alternatively, if you are happy with the area at the moment but want to spruce the ground up, consider a bulk delivery of pebbles

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ideas for my front yard

Hi @koolibah,

In addition to the helpful resources that Mitch has shared, I thought you might also benefit from How to plan a garden makeover by @Adam_W. As Adam begins with, the key to your makeover success is planning. 

Looking forward to seeing how your project progresses. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ideas for my front yard

Hello @koolibah 

Here is a left field suggestion. How about a mini golf course. 9 hole game with mini bridge. Zero maintenance as you will be using artificial turf. Have a look at the sketch below. 

Cheers,

Red

IMG20210114080739.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects