Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small Pond

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Small Pond

Decided to put a small pond in the backyard for somthing to do while stuck at home alot. Ive only just started but have roughly a 1.8x1.8 square cut out of my grass sofar - and plan on digging about a metre down then lining it with some pond liner tomorrow ( this stuff https://www.bunnings.com.au/aquapro-0-5mm-x-4m-pvc-pond-liner_p2929254 )

Once thats all done I'll have to decide whether to border it with bushrock or pavers or maybe some kind of wooden floorboard border Im not sure yet but Im not in a rush to finish so thats ok :smile:

Eventually hopefully I can put some fish in it like koi or somthing and get some frogs and things happening around the area. I also have a spearpoint box right next to where Im digging - so 240volt power is available there for some kind of water feature in the future i guess (or I could plumb it into the spearpoint system I suppose but that seems overkill)
20210903_164008.jpg20210903_173003.jpg20210903_183529.jpg20210903_183430.jpg

Re: Small Pond

No worries :smile:  I looked into requirements for fencing - as its a fish pond theres no requirements for fencing where i am apparently :smile: but im still chasing council regs.

I added a couple of cheap solar powered lights, and also added some plants that people were throwing away on facebook marketplace and had left on the side of the road (I also got a couple birds of paradise plants coming soon too from work when I rip them out for the owner) and I also found a few rocks laying around as a temporary measure :smile: 

So a water feature of some kind, a small deck, and some fish still yet to come at some stage :smile:   Im also thinking I might buy a submersible 12volt light and throw that in the water although im not sure how much light will show from 1metre depth

20210905_165557.jpg20210905_180355.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Small Pond

Hi @Prawns,

Hope all is well.

Congrats on getting your project featured on the Workshop site. Have you got any photos of what the pond looks like now? Be great to get an update.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects