Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tree tomato problem

gore
Building a Reputation

Tree tomato problem

IMG20200830091516.jpg

IMG20200830091523.jpg

IMG20200830091724.jpg

  suddenly i saw like that in the pictures seen.i looked for some insects but i didn't found.i apply oil pest too and provide enough water too now.                                                     Can you suugest me other possible treatment and cause of it.thanx

gore
Building a Reputation

Re: tree tomato

hi @MitchellMc  like you said I used caterpillar insecticides as per needed. Also I am giving little more water in dry time and added little premium potting mix  on the base for the support. I also took beans plants near to it so other plants will not consumed its food. I saw really very good flowers in many branches now. I was more happy nothing happened to flower even when there was so windy last weeks ago.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @gore

When you were speaking about the dropping of flowers previously, it was bought up that your plants may have a trace element deficiency. Now that you have posted a picture of the brown spots on the flowers let me mention @mich1972 to see if she can identify the issue. When the flowers were dropping before did they also have these brown spots?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gore
Building a Reputation

Hi @MitchellMc  i really did not seen like that ,only there were few flowers & fruits were only 2  which has been dropped. Thats why this time i  am seeing really lots of flowers and but littel black spot i seen so i am worried now. Good thing is flower didn't dropped even in so windy faced by it. and i am putting water in the root only. Hope its going good! 

gore
Building a Reputation

i am so sad that my tree tomato plant is died.😒but i didn't take it out because i put beans plant near to it so it provide good support.really worth it and thanks even provide support after it died.cant see the tree tomato dead plant,beans plant cover it all!!

C4DCFCC1-53E8-42AD-95C3-44F80F5E8B36.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thanks for the update, @gore. I'm sorry to hear about your tomato plant but pleased to see your beans are growing prolifically. Please let us know what type of crop you get off them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gore
Building a Reputation

2BA5E9D9-EF8B-48B7-AE75-64BB64BE9415.jpeg

 Hi! @MitchellMc 

i dont know exactly the name but its a flat green beans as you can see in the picture too.this plants is from last year..in enough space land good to grow.no nee to take it out automatically comes out again in its season.i love this beans too.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects