Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Benchtop dishwasher tap connections

MinB
Building a Reputation

Benchtop dishwasher tap connections

I am considering buying a benchtop dishwasher, but am not sure what is currently available so as to connect the hose to the kitchen tap. 

5 years ago (YouTube video) a person could buy two parts to make that connection: a) Sink Tap Click On and b) NYLEX brass sprinkler adapter.

Bunnings seems to not sell either anymore.

IMAGES BELOW:

1) MY KITCHEN TAP: Is this ideal for a dishwasher hose to be attached and also easy enough to take the aerator off?

2) TAP CONNECTIONS YOUTUBE: 

This is what BUNNINGS sold 5 years ago so are these still available or is something else now in their place?

3) HOSE HOLDER(?): What is holding this hose up? Does Bunnings sell anything like this, also, a contraption that can keep the drain hose fixed to the sink area whilst the dishwasher is on. 

The USA has this fantastic 3 in one tap connector that is a part of the dishwasher components/parts/kit when sold and it is such a shame that is not available here as it keeps the drain hose in place to face down the sink plus you can press a red button so as to get a glass of water etc.

Anyways, to reiterate, what is available now so that I can attach the hose to the kitchen tap? Don't want to buy anything if it is going to be a hassle getting tap connection parts.

Thanks!

IMG_20210213_035957.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_041329.jpg

Screenshot_20210213_032734.jpg

MinB
Building a Reputation

Benchtop DishWashers & Bench Top Surfaces.

@MitchellMc 

Now I am all set up to install and get a  dishwasher as have done my Bunnings trip. 

BTW - The guy tried to sell me an American sink adapter not British - caught that just in time.

Removed the aerosol with no issues so now I'm ready to go once the dishwasher is sorted out which will be soon.

I read somewhere that some benchtop dishwashers actually burn the benches beneath them due to the heat when washing dishes.

Is there something I can buy to place between the dishwasher and bench - just in case?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Benchtop DishWashers & Bench Top Surfaces.

It's fantastic to hear you are ready to go @MinB!

You might like to check out this recent discussion from @Stuardo on their simple air fryer stand. Apparently, air fryers can also damage benchtops. There was a great suggestion from @JoeAzza that using a ceramic tile could also be an option. 

I would advise using a heat resistant silicone mat as it should be ideal for protecting your benchtop.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc 

The dishwasher finally came because I had to wait for a new lot to come in - black colour.

Did get an extra large silicone mat and didn't realise just how interesting that would be to put underneath.

So, have been setting it up today and have found the hose that drains the water out is perhaps too short. Can it

be affixed to the other hose with tape or is it better to buy a longer one. Not sure if working out something on a tile would suffice as it would make it even shorter.

IMG_20210412_150602.jpg

I think it is almost already to go now....

IMG_20210412_150856.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MinB,

What was the other hose that you would like to fix it to with tape? Taping hoses together isn't normally a great idea when water is involved and having a complete length would be preferable. If you could tell me the size of the rubber fittings on the end of the drain hose, then I can look for a suitable replacement. If the benchtop dishwasher uses the same size fittings as a standard dishwasher then a Kinetic 4.1m Grey PVC Washing Machine And Dishwasher Outlet Drain Expandable Hose would work. There is also a variety of sizes in clear vinyl hose that you could use too.

Mitchell

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc 

The silicone mat was actually lined up rather well, but I needed to get to the power outlet at the back so needed to shift the dishwasher a tad.

The drainage hose does go over the edge, but as you see it also sticks up in the air too.

What was I going to ask?

I noticed the water runs quite wild without the filtered aerator so might also get a hand held shower thing for the kitchen to clean other things that can't be done in the dishwasher. E.g. Not Stick Pans.

What would you suggest?

IMG_20210412_152904.jpg

This Estilo Sink Hand Spray could be an option @MinB. As luck would have it, it even has a click-on fitting that would work with your click-on adaptor on the tap. That works out perfectly, and you can easily change between the dishwasher and hand spray!

Mitchell

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc 

Looked in the dishwasher manual and online, but can't find what kind of hose it is.

I would think normal like any other dishwasher maybe. Surely.

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc 

That is fantastic about the hand spray gadget! 👍

MinB
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc 

How does the tubing work? Is it like an extension of some kind.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You'll need to check the back of the dishwasher to see how the hose is connected to it @MinB. It might be held in place with a clamp. If this is the case, you can undo that clamp and install the longer hose. If the current hose on the machine can't be removed, then the Kinetic 4.1m Grey PVC Washing Machine And Dishwasher Outlet Drain Expandable Hose has a few different sized rubber fittings on it, and hopefully, one of those will push firmly over the end of the current hose to extend it. The addition of some tape would assist them from coming apart. However, I wouldn't advise relying on tape alone to hold them together as it could fail.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects