Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ceiling paint flaking in kitchen

Paul5
Finding My Feet

Ceiling paint flaking in kitchen

Hello,

Our house was built in the fifties.we moved in about three years ago.I painted the ceiling using Dulux low sheen.I had to paint it three times.open plan dining and kitchen. However, there is some flaking paint in the ceiling in the kitchen area. I have seen A video where the bloke,removes the peeling paint with a scraper, then applies an aquablock,Crommelian, two coats.then a joint compound, sand, wipe away dust, Then a coat of British Paints, primer and paint.how does this sound?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ceiling paint flaking in kitchen

Hi @Paul5,

You might like to start a new discussion about your tile and paver painting projects. That way, your questions will be more visible to the wider community.

These previous discussions on painting floor tiles could be of interest:

We have the Dulux 1L Renovation Range Floors Gloss White, which is suitable for floors. It is a harder wearing product than those used on walls. If you used the wall version on the floor tiles, it wouldn't be capable of withstanding standard foot traffic.

We have a fantastic range of paver paints available to choose from. My recommendation for long-lasting results would be to use the Berger Jet Dry products, which provide superior mark resistance and have outstanding adhesion and durability qualities.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects