Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Closing the Gap between floorboards

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Closing the Gap between floorboards

Hello!

Looking for tips on closing gaps in floating floor panels - don't wanna pull it all apart and start again. There's just a few of them in a hallway near the kitchen. This is where we started and where most errors appeared as we were complete novices at the time with regards to floating floor.

Hard to see on the photograph - but they're (the gaps) probably only half a millimetre.

They're 10mm boards and not of a high quality. As we learnt we got better and had no problems, but when we went back to where we started we could see where we went wrong.

I'm thinking of utilising friction > large L plate steel, rubber and a sledgehammer.  :smile:

But before I try that I'd like to hear other ideas....

Cheers

Graeme and Jule.

The Great DivideThe Great Divide

Re: Closing the Gap between floorboards

A dent puller is a great idea @TedBear - thanks for sharing

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @TedBear.

We are looking forward to reading more of your posts soon as it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with the community. And we trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your own projects in return.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks for the welcome Jason. I have been browsing through workshop postings for a while now and seen some great ideas and hints. I must start documenting & photographing some of my own in future in case they have some shareable aspects to post here. It's a great community to be a part of. I'll be glad to consult you for any assistance in using it.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks @TedBear. Please do share as much as you can. It's great to be able to learn from each other and get ideas and inspiration.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects