Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kaboodle kitchen upgrade...

TrishB
Finding My Feet

Kaboodle kitchen upgrade...

I have a Kaboodle kitchen installed 18 mths ago and one part of it is a cupboard that I wish to take the doors off and put in 2 drawers instead. Is this possible without too much difficulty??

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kaboodle kitchen upgrade...

Hi @TrishB,

Welcome to Workshop.

Could you please share some photos of the cupboard you wish to change to drawers? It will help members to see what you are working with and give more specific advice. Some dimensions might also be useful.  

You might also be interested to see what Workshop member @pete_brig achieved in his kitchen - Changing kitchen cupboards to drawers

Thanks for joining in the discussion. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TrishB
Finding My Feet

I want to put in two of the large drawers 900 wide which is the same width as the cupboard but not sure if you can just buy the drawers and runners without the carcass?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@redracer01 

Could you please assist on this one when you get a chance?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Do you still have the contact you dealt with 18 months ago @TrishB? I reckon they would try to look after you.  

Hello @TrishB

As much as I would like to say yes, the 900 double and triple drawer set of the kaboodle cabinets are purchased as full kits. The drawers cannot be purchased on their own. However you may want to compare costing of custom built drawer sets vs buying the drawer cabinet kit. If you do use the drawer cabinet, you can always sell it. Hope that anwers your question.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Strange I can find the drawers in stock in SA and 600+ door drawer options for special orders.

Yes my son put it all together for me but he is in Oz and I am in NZ so will go in and talk to the kitchen planners. My son thinks I will have to buy the whole lot to get the drawers to put in the carcass I have but simple enough from there  Thanks

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects