Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen cleaning tips

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kitchen cleaning tips

It was a pretty miserable weekend for many parts of Australia and I'm sure many in the Workshop community spent most of it indoors.

One chore we got stuck into was giving the kitchen a really good clean. It looks great now but we did struggle with the best approach for cleaning the cast iron trivets on the cooktop which get greasy over time.

This week I thought it would be handy if community members share their top tips for cleaning the kitchen.  

What advice can you share with the community for making light work of kitchen cleaning chores and getting a great result?

Jason

KitchenShelf.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Kitchen cleaning tips

Interesting that this conversation has come up..
I've just given my bench tops a good going over a few days ago..
I took everything off the tops and got into those nasty corners that always get missed and behind various items and pieces of equipment..

Now I haven't used a commercial surface spray cleaner for decades..I make my own!
It does an excellent job on grease and works better that most commercial cleaners..

If anyone's not happy with there spray cleaner, this is a good alternative..

Here is the formula..
1.5 litre water (1 cup boiled)
300ml vinegar
60ml dishwashing liquid
25ml eucalyptus oil
3 dessertspoons "Lectric" soda (washing soda)

Procedure..
Mix washing soda with about 1 cup boiling water to dissolve, add remaining ingredients, pour into a
2 litre bottle (I use the plastic vinegar ones).

To use..
This nearly fills the 2 litre bottle, then I decant into spray bottles for benches and laundry..
It's also can be used in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry, makes short work of outdoor furniture and
barbecues, it even cleans up joggers and dirty sport shoes. Use it in the toilet, on floors, to clean
painted surfaces, to clean showers and tiled surfaces.

Happy cleaning!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen cleaning tips

Many thanks for sharing @Prof

I wonder whether other community members have their own recipes for D.I.Y. cleaning solutions.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects