Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen expansion

cmn2020
Finding My Feet

Kitchen expansion

 We have been wanting to renovate our kitchen to give us more bench space and a bigger oven & pantry. 

We are happy to move the powder room into the laundry somehow or re-configure the whole laundry/powder room/kitchen altogether as we believe it hasn’t been designed with best use of the space as it is. 

Kitchen wants:

-island bench (don’t like being trapped in a U shape)

-750/900 oven

-walk in pantry (or at least 800mm width)

-room for French door fridge 900mm approx. 

-the more drawers the better

if anyone has any suggestions we’d much appreciate them. Fresh eyes often come up with the best ideas! 

A9D597E7-89F4-47B2-90FD-6680E362732C.png

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Kitchen expansion

@cmn2020 Thanks for posting and welcome to the Workshop community! You are sure to get plenty of input on your kitchen Reno.

Any particular budget you are working within?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cmn2020,

Welcome to Workshop. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to seeing you transform your kitchen (with some help from our amazing community members). 

Many thanks for the wish list and your house plan. You might also like to share some photos of the kitchen so members can get an even better idea of what you are working with and share more specific advice and suggestions. And as Mitch mentioned, an idea of your budget would be very helpful, too. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cmn2020
Finding My Feet

The approximate budget would be 15,000 but if we need to push it up for a more perfect design we could. My husband is quite handy so will be doing some of the work himself too. 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

@cmn2020 

Here is my suggestion. You also lookatthis link for a combined kitchen laundry set up. https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Kitchen/Kitchen-laundry-reno-ideas/m-p/31757

How ever the current suggestion will give you maximum floorspace and usability.

20200126_105838.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects