Workshop
Ask a question

Kitchen renovation ideas wanted

rveerasu
Growing in Experience

Kitchen renovation ideas wanted

Hi All,

I am new to this forum & this is my first home in a month. I am planning to renovate the kitchen after moved in. Please let me know your ideas & expertise1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

how much it cost & what kind of design suits this. (i am on a strict budget), possible DYI(except plumbing & electrical) & if any modification in structure(like if we removing the patio & removing that small piece of wall dividing kitchen) do we need council approvals? please share your thoughts. 

Main concerns are 

> Fridge location is not connected to the kitchen 

> Fridge & laundry in the same room & in the back side entrance.

> There is a wall between the kitchen & fridge.

> there is a Gap in the Kitchen 

> cupboard, is not fitting when look.

Expectation:

The fridge & dishwasher should be in the kitchen.

Re-alter or install new cabinets required.(L or U share) 

Is the island is possible? if so will the budget go high.

Material for top either stone without resin.

Tiles on the wall

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen ideas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rveerasu. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

Congratulations on purchasing your first home. I'm sure it is a very exciting time.

Removing the small piece of the wall dividing the kitchen could be beneficial to the overall design. You'll need to employ the service of a structural engineer to assess the wall and determine if it can be removed. 

To fit an island, you would need to consider removing the walk-in cupboard marked red in the image below. What is the purpose of the cupboard behind it? Ultimately, I believe it would be best if the whole area marked in blue could be opened up to create a large open plan dining/kitchen/living room area. An estimate of what your budget will be for the renovation would help guide us on what products and finishes to select.

If you could provide some measurements of the kitchen, including the walls, then I trust our members will be able to offer some more solutions. @redracer01 might be able to assist us with a render or some alternative ideas for your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rveerasu
Growing in Experience

Thank for your reply. We are moving in after New year holidays. I will take the dimensions once get a chance. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I hope you enjoyed your holiday break @rveerasu. Have you moved into your new home yet? An exciting time, no doubt!

We're looking forward to assisting with your renovation and would encourage you to let us know when you'd like to start.

Mitchell

rveerasu
Growing in Experience

I don't want to remove the pantry or any walls. got some plans, can you please let me know what are the options available & recommendations & what would be the budget if I do it & if it can be done better please let me know as well.

rveerasu_0-1613447875755.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @rveerasu,

That looks like a very efficient layout. Since you are on a strict budget, you might like to look at our range of Bedford cabinetry. There are a few items which you could use from this range. However, some of your selected sizing for cabinetry in the plans does not match up with what is available in any of our ranges and requires custom-made units.

I've put together an arrangement using our premium Kaboodle cabinetry. You might like to use a more budget alternative, but this will give you some idea of the standard sizes used. I've found it a little hard to read some measurements on your plans. If you can supply a clearer image, I can make any necessary adjustments.

Mitchell

rveerasu
Growing in Experience

Thanks. Any other design or plan please share it

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kitchen renovation ideas

Hi @rveerasu,

Bunnings’ kitchen installation service connects you with a licensed trade professional from hipages who can provide you with a competitive installation quote and install your dream kitchen. 

In regards to the installation of plumbing, you could also checkout hipages to find a licensed plumber.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

rveerasu
Growing in Experience

This is the best idea for this place & practically possible one as well. Thanks.  This one is implemented as the same above.

Cheers,

Ram

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with your kitchen project @rveerasu. We're here to help.

Looking forward to seeing your renovation progress.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects