Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Paper towel holder - great weekend project

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Paper towel holder - great weekend project

G'day everyone,

Time for another weekend project! Scratching your noggin trying to figure out what to make this weekend? Nothing says " I care " like making a custom paper towel holder for your loved one! Although it is almost the end of February its the thought that counts! As usual I've tried to make this as simple as possible. The measurements are recommendations and you may change them to suite your preference. The dowel ends are just ordinary drawer knobs. 

- mounting the knobs to the dowel. Drill a hole on the end of the dowel with an M4 drill bit dead center. Screw the bolt that came with knob set into the hole you just drilled. Cut the head of the bolt with side cutters and leave at least 5mm to allow you to screw the knob to the end of the dowel. ( refer drawing )

You may design your own dowel end holding system! You can make it as ornate and be-jeweled as you like, whats important is that it gets finished on the weekend! Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers

Red

papertowel1.jpgpapertowel2.jpgpapertowel3.jpgpapertowel4.jpgpapertowel5.jpgpapertowel6.jpg

papertowel8.jpg

papertowelA1.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-01 Prestige 32mm Brushed Nickel Round Crystal Knob.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Paper towel holder - great weekend project

Great project @redracer01, many thanks for sharing a detailed guide so that members can easily create their own. 

Have you got a photo of a paper towel holder that you have created?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Jason 

It's lined up with my things to do list. But of course my list is divided in 2 for "Can you do it today honey?" and "personal projects". My list is usually second to that main list. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

What a great simply project @redracer01. I have a spot where I could undermount it on some wall cabinets. I'm certainly going to give this one a go.

Thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects