Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Reno 1950's kitchen

katew164
Growing in Experience

Reno 1950's kitchen

Hi,

I'm looking to update my 1950's kitchen. The most annoying things are the glass cabinetry over the benches and narrow bench space. Plan is to replace the bench tops - would prefer with timber but not sure how it would go with floor colour. Install new wall cabinetry, replace sink. In order to make the benchtops wider, do I need to do a waterfall edge to ground for stability? CurrentCurrentCurrentCurrentNew format potentiallyNew format potentially

Re: Reno 1950's kitchen

Hello @katew164 

Would be fantastic if you posted photos of the progress before/in-between/after that will surely inspire our readers to go and explore the possibilities!

Thanks!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Completely agree! I’m about to move into my home which had a modern kitchen remodel and I’d love to have this instead🤣

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gelflingsarah. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Congratulations on your new home, an exciting time, I'm sure!

We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any help with projects around your new home or garden or would like to share something with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for those projects within the community, as our creative members are constantly contributing their own projects.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much! I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions when the time rolls around 😅

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Hello @katew164,

Hope you've been well. I wanted to check if you've got any updates on your kitchen renovation project. As this has been a popular discussion with many views, I'm sure our members would love to see the final look you've created.

Let us know if you need any help with the project or with posting photos and updates. We'd be happy to assist.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects